The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » lost Newmann contact mindreading manuscript » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Chamberlain
View Profile
New user
Michigan, USA
49 Posts

Profile of Craig Chamberlain
Greetings Banachek,

Your latest book, "Psychophysiological Thought Reading," mentions how proficient C. A. George Newmann was at non-contact mind reading.

In Alfredson's short biography of Newmann, "The Pioneer Mentalist," there is a story of a 90 page manuscript on contact mindreading written by Newmann which was lost by someone who borrowed it.

Isn't it tantalizing to think that this manuscript could have really existed, and may still be out there somewhere, waiting to be found again?
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
It could be, most of newman's manuscripts (at least int the collected mental secrets, appear to me not to be original with newman, but actual descriptions of other tricks and in most cases appear to be instructions for other tricks, the kind you get when you buy a new effect. It would almost be like if someone bought my entire library and a thousand years from now put it all into a series of books.

Does it say who wrote the manuscript?
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Craig Chamberlain
View Profile
New user
Michigan, USA
49 Posts

Profile of Craig Chamberlain
In "Newmann: The Pioneer Mentalist" by James B. Alfredson, second edition 1990, published by David Meyer Magic Books, in the Notes section, page 44, it says in part:

"In a letter to the author [Alfredson] from [M. R.] Henvit, April 22, 1985, he apprised that there was a 90-p. typewritten book, bound in leather, that CAGN wrote on contact mindreading which Henvit obtained. A physician/magician, Dr. J. P. Korchik, borrowed it and took it with him on a trip to New York City. The luggage he was carrying was lost, and the manuscript with it."
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
wow, that is really a shame. Makes you wonder and salivate doesn't it. Some of the presentations that were used at that time (and many of the nuances) will be lost forever. Such a shame.

But if you like muscle reading, I predict your gonna love my new book. I tried to include as much as possible including some modern ideas for presenting it to an audience.

thanks once again
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » lost Newmann contact mindreading manuscript » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL