The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Handout Card Design (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Lots of the old books refer to marking your handout cards with pencil dots, or some such thing. I'm sure someone else has come up with this idea before, but I've come up with a card design that incorporates pre-printed dots that I think looks unassuming and is less likely to be noticed than pencil dots.

Take a look, and let me know what you think.

http://airship.home.mchsi.com/Magic_Cards.jpg
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
I like the idea but I think it is a little too obvious. Maybe a little more subtlety in the design.

Robert
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Yeah, the pattern does look obvious but then again, how many spectators are going to compare two different cards side by side? If the answer is almost never, these are great. It's whatever works for you. I would be more subtle but I tend to overthink and overprepare everything, lol.

Having said that, there are lots of ideas on how to do this and I like some of the ideas by Maven and Larry Becker.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Handout Card Design (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL