The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Recommendations for Slender, Gapped Fingers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ananda
View Profile
New user
Jambudvipa
81 Posts

Profile of Ananda
Prof. Pabodie,

Thanks for the pointer to the card palming video. Any other video recommendation for effective palming of other objects?

Thanks,
-Ananda.
"All phenomena are like a magically conjured illusion, like a mirage, like the moon reflected in water, like empty space, like an echo, like a dream, like a shadow, like an image in a mirror." - Nagarjuna
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Ananda,

I feel your pain. I have been skinny all my life (the effects from all that food (sorry Larry Smile), years of marriage, and a baby, were futile)My hands still have more windows than a Pella showroom Smile). Even a simple finger palm would "flash" silver if done without misdirection.

Eric Jones (godhandz) had recommended Kainoa Harbottle's Edge Grip work to me a while back. I don't have it but his "Coins on Edge" book has received high praise by many coin workers.

Some of the material is found on the Coinvention DVDs and the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVDs. I do own these and they're excellent.

If you're looking for good coin palm material for us "skeletally prominent" people, consider the Edge Grip/Palm. Harbottle's "another flipping 3-fly" is a great application of the Edge Grip which enables both hands to appear "empty" throughout the entire routine. The sleight will require some "knuckle busting" work but well worth it.

Garrett Thomas' "Any questions" video also has some nice modifications to the Downs (Web)Palm that is very helpful.

Good technique coupled with proper misdirection and showmanship will win the day over our minor physical shortcomings.

Bosco
Ananda
View Profile
New user
Jambudvipa
81 Posts

Profile of Ananda
Bosco,

Thanks for the leads. I'll check into these. I assume that the jargon terms you use will be easily located...?

Best,
-Ananda.
"All phenomena are like a magically conjured illusion, like a mirage, like the moon reflected in water, like empty space, like an echo, like a dream, like a shadow, like an image in a mirror." - Nagarjuna
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
Depending on what you are wanting to do when you palm, you may be worrying for no reason. Several years ago I saw Meir Yedid lecture. One of his tricks involved palming to move a card from one pile to another. During his explanation, he said to not get worried about the palming because he had "major windows".
For those of you that don't know, Meir was in a car accident many years ago and lost some fingers and part of his hand. Yet he used that hand to palm the card and no one noticed because of his excellent misdirection and presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Recommendations for Slender, Gapped Fingers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL