The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Simple ESP Reading System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
"Jazzing" is the heading of a paragraph on page 11 of this 19-page manuscript. It could well have been used as the title of the manuscript itself, for this Simple ESP Reading System not only lends itself to improvisation, it practically insists on it. "This manuscript assumes you have prior knowledge and/or experience in doing Readings," an introductory page warns, "and are familiar with the basics of Reading. It also assumes you know the difference between Reading and Cold Reading."

Now while doing readings (or, vulgarly, "fortunetelling") from ESP is not a new idea (there are at least two forerunners, of which one is published and another is on its way to publication) it's unique enough to catch your customers' attention and hold it. And you probably won't have the problem of the customer who "knows more" about tarot, numerology, palmistry, whatever - than you. Plus which, ESP cards - due to their origin - present (at the least) a facade of science behind the art (or downright fakery which has always co-existed with believers of readings) of readings.

Plainly put, Alan's system is given in two pages. Indeed, it's pretty much explained in two, maybe three, of the charts on those two pages. Basic'ly, a "here's what each card can signify." You can't get much simpler than that.

Oh, there are additional elements: comparing the initial chart to numerology for simpler memorization, for instance. Combining this with palmistry. A good, and not overlong, section on spreading, or laying out, the cards for a reading. And a really, really nice (but altogether too short) chapter on using a pendulum. I'd have liked to see this chapter expanded into, perhaps, a section as large as the rest of the manuscript.

Where it gets really good, is when Alan urges the reader to use their intuition and deductive reasoning. And when he insists on a moral foundation for the reader. It's one of the better essays on readings I've - uh, read.

Curiously enough, it comes near the very end. And it's unashamedly personal, going so far as to say that "our motto shoule be <i>Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.</i>" -- continuing with "This is not a religious truth, but a spiritual one. It’s also the Law of Karma." It is a powerful truth, though I'd disagree with his terminology. A religious truth is a spiritual truth; and what he calls the Law of Karma, C.S. Lewis would call the Law of Human Nature and most Mormons would call the Law of Consequences. I place emphasis on this because Alan's entire approach to reading - and thus, the moral spirit of his system - is based on this Law.

The very end of the manuscript is actually a couple of pages for creating your own cards. Cut 'em out, paste 'em front to back (or to cardstock front-&-back), laminate 'em -- however you wish. Alan presents a method to mark them "invisibly." He also recommends, if you prefer, the <i>Beyond ESP II</i> marked ESP cards, which can be a little pricey. I'd recommend using the Royal ESP cards, which are a fraction of the price and have most of the features of the Beyond ESP cards. (It's amazing what you can learn by reading Jheff's descriptions of merchandise at "Marketplace of the Mind" -!)

Alan is selling this for $20. At more than $1 per page, it may seem pricey to you. But if you're looking at a unique and (Dare I say it?) simple method for giving readings, you won't find a more inexpensive product - one which, when I test-drove it, really had my audience members on the edge of their seats.

[$20 at http://www.mindillusions.co.za/ ]

*jeep!
--Gran'pa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Eh? Used to be able to add italics with a simple set of carrots. Wha' happened?

*jeep!
--still Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Thanx for the kind review Chet.

Just to clarify the link is:

http://www.mindillusions.co.za/simplereading.htm

Regards

Alan
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I got this.

It is quite good. It is a simple system that will give you a "readings" mind.

Well worth it.
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Thanx for the plug, mota! Much appreciated.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I got this and am totally happy with it. The focus on your own intuitive abilities has been emphasized rather than overlooked. Chet is absolutely correct in his review. Well worth the money.
Nicholas
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Thank you too Nicholas. The feedback so far has more than exceeded my expectations! Please let me know how the system develops for you...
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
420 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Anyone any more comments on this? it does sound good
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Paradise, to be honest this little ebook has far exceeded my expectations for it, considering that psychic entertainers consist of an even smaller segment of the mentalism market. So far ALL feedback has been very positive... and I'm not just saying that because I am the author Smile
If I can be of any assistance to you in answering any questions you may have please feel free to PM me.

Regards

Alan
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Oh, and by the way... you don't HAVE to be a psychic entertainer to use the system. If you want to branch into doing readings this is a good step into developing certain characteristics you would need... if you perform any effects with ESP cards then you can add PUNCH to your routine by using the ideas in The Simple ESP Card Reading System... or it may inspire you with some of the other thoughts I included regarding realism, generating interest etc.

Alan
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I just got the updated second edition...I didn't request it but as a purchaser I just found it in my e-mail. What a nice suprise

Thank you Alan!
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
5 Days left and then the introductory price of $20 goes up.

Response and reviews have been wonderfull so far, including this one:

http://www.jheff.com/Simple_ESP_Card_Reading.html

If you have been considering to make a purchase but have some questions first, please feel free to PM me.

Thanx

Alan
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I agree with all of the accolades about this ebook. Well worth the price...even the higher one. Throw a pack of Zener cards in your shirt pocket and you can give a convincing reading anywhere, anytime. If you have color Zener cards, you can expand the reading further, but color is not necessary.

Highly recommended!

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Thank you Mota.

And thank you Tony... glad to see your health has improved and you're around again.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I have been fleeced so often by e-book authors that I just expected it.
For once, I was wrong.
This is a great little piece and worth every penny if you are looking for a 'simple reading."
I enjoyed the read. I like the concept. I plan to use it.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
When are you gonna learn to trust me, Parson?

*jeep!
--Trustworthy Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Simple ESP Reading System (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL