The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Sympathetic Aces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys... My uncle is getting back into magic, thanks to me, =] and he told me about the effect called Sympathetic Aces... He explained the whole routine to me, and he REALLY wants to own it again, as it got lost with other stuff over they years...

Does anyone know where I can find this packet trick? It would be very much appreciated...

Thanks!
-Vinnie
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
There may be others, but the one I am thinking of is out of "Scarne on Card Tricks."
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Thanks, but does anyone know abywhere I can buy the trick alone, or have any info on it?

-Vinnie
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
If this is the one I'm thinking of why not just make up your own. After all he does know to do this effect.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2006-09-13 19:52, edh wrote:
If this is the one I'm thinking of why not just make up your own. After all he does know to do this effect.

He's right. No gaffs are used, just different color-backed aces and jokers. I seem to remember that Emerson/West originally came out with it.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
...And why buy the trick alone when you can have a very inexpensive book (it's a Dover, for goodness sake!) with roughly 150 great tricks using an ordinary deck from the likes of Scarne, Thurston, Vernon, Houdini and Blackstone? Gosh Vinnie... I'm thinking about taking away the credit I had given you for getting your uncle back into magic in the first place. Smile
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
Quote:
On 2006-09-13 20:57, Charlie Justice wrote:
He's right. No gaffs are used, just different color-backed aces and jokers. I seem to remember that Emerson/West originally came out with it.

You're thinking of Sympathetic Cards, a different effect. Good one though!

-Dan
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Sympathetic Aces is an excellent Emerson and West packet trick. There's a newer handling called Queens Out Of Control which retails for about $25. However Sympathetic Aces is considerably less expensive (about $10) and readily available at most magic stores. It is distributed by Royal Magic. I am a big fan of this effect. One of the best $10 purchases I made in a long time.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

CFrancis,

Yes, it was made my Emerson and West, he told me... And I actually showed him Queens Out Of Control live, which I have, and that's what gave him the memory back of SA...

I will look around for the packet trick and see if I can find it...

Could someone do me a favor though, and PM me helping me out on the home-making of this effect? He doesn't remember the setup, and he would like it for me to get it for him, and he pay me back.. But if I can just make the gaff packet for him, and give it to him, he won't have to pay anything, and he'd be happy as a kid in a candy store! =]

Thanks guys!
-Vinnie
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Isn't it found in Expert Card Technique? Or is that a different effect?

Thanks,

Tanner
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
You can see a demo of Sympathetic Cards here:

http://www.koleys.com/packet_tricks.html

...and you can get the effect here:

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=SP1789

...and you can see the cards used here:

http://www.qualitymagic.com/?html=full&key=2631

Vinnie, you can use the cards from QOOC for Sympathetic Cards. It's almost the same effect, but SC uses a few more moves and has, IMO, fewer discrepancies than does QOOC.

The SC cards are Hoyle's; much better than the cards that come with QOOC. Worth the <$10 to get the better handling and the cards.

Dan Harlan has a video that shows the handling and comes with the cards too.

-Dan
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
You can find Scarne's book, which contains Sympathetic Aces, HERE ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Dan,

Thank you SO much! I am going to tell my uncle about picking up the packet from The Magic Warehouse... I am sure he will be pleased!

Thank you guys for all your help!
-Vinnie
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
..It's almost the same effect, but SC uses a few more moves and has, IMO, fewer discrepancies than does QOOC.

Can you elaborate as to why you think SC has fewer discrepancies than QOOC?

THANKS
Magic is a vanishing art.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I ordered it from TheMagicwarehouse.com a few years ago, and they still have it in stock.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Sympathetic Aces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL