The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Greatest Magical Effect Ever Created Was Witnessed Last Night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
WiffleDust92
View Profile
New user
Mpls, Minnesota
15 Posts

Profile of WiffleDust92
Quote:
On 2006-09-15 10:37, WiffleDust92 wrote:
I don't care if DC keeps the method to himself- Good for him... I would just like to see it performed (live or a quick vid)

Joe

Dang.. sorry- DG.

Where the heck is the edit feature for my fat fingers?
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
I wonder if this is a thread about a witnessed effect that just happened to have happened the way it was supposed to have happened at the right time.

In other words, had JM not re-selected a quarter and stayed with the dime, would DG have simply poured out a quarter and said "no...but that would've been a good" much like we all have simply placed a facedown card in front of someone and asked them to simply name a card, secretly wishing it would work just once.

I doubt it, since DG's magic is so good and devious...then again???
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
The bit about it having never been practiced or performed sounds a bit suspect/patter like to me.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Now I'm confused. This started as a great thread and now we are talking about DG using someone elses routine? I liked the concept and if he wishes to keep it to himself, more power to him.

Craig
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thank you, that was what the what was refering too.
Adam Teece
View Profile
New user
Lehigh Acres, FL
52 Posts

Profile of Adam Teece
The question is, did his eyes turn black when he did it? Sorry I just saw The Covenant. Sounds like an amazing effect though and I hope I get to see it performed someday.
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Me too.

Mano.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
It would be great to see it performed with no explanation on how it was done.
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
No, what would be great is if Mr. Garcia came in here and posted his opinion on the matter.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
If I ever go to a DG lecture I'm going to beg him to show me this (not explain).
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Very Simple, yet so amazing.....but real, real cool!
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
But seriously... the greatest magic trick ever performed?
based on the description of the effect, I simply have to disagree. Perhaps to a magician attempting to fish out a method this represents such a thing, but for a real audience or spectator? I don't think so.
I think there are many things that would be far more memorable than this effect. And, of course, context is everything.

Cool? Sure.
Greatest ever? Hardly.
It's all in the reflexes.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Boy, you are one bad meauxfeaux...(pun intended):D Perhaps, without the guy saying it, it was just his "opinion" that it was the greatest ever. Guess you took it literally. But I think he was just trying to let us know really how wonderfully amazing an effect he and others there found it to be. Try to calm down a little bit, no need for such intensity on something that was so intentionally harmless.

Good Day to you. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I have to agree. to a magician it might seems the greatest cause of the lack of moves and what not. to a laymen it would be "the coin changed". and as we all know, there are various methods of achieving that.... I think to be the greatest ever .... the borrowed coin would have to change slowly without cover, like a metamorphisis into another, and heck... why not while the spec is holding it in there hands staring at it. Just saying, "best ever effect" is a strong statment to make without taking in some considerations of what would make the best ever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Greatest Magical Effect Ever Created Was Witnessed Last Night (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL