The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Ghost Gaff Video. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ssick92
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ssick92
Here is a video of me and my friend doing a video with the Ghost Gaff Deck and the Red Gaff Deck.

I am new to this site so if this belongs somewhere else, please move it.

here is the url: Click Here!
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Handling was ok. Erdnase needs work though.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Jahan,
Nice work. You obviously have some talent and passion, and I enjoyed watching your performance.
John,
Yours was also good, but a bit rougher around the edges. Much less visual than Jahan's, but not entirely without merit. (**Both of you might reconsider your use of gaffs... given some of your obvious talents and influences, you may be better off without them).

Magicmania,
I have yet to recognize the value of any of your posts. You are, quite simply, condescending (which is odd, considering your age and seeming lack of maturity), and your posts have no apparent value, other than for the fact that you obviously enjoy criticizing others, despite your apparent lack of knowledge and experience. You might want to rethink your strategy here in the Café. I'm certain that you have a lot to contribute, and I hope that you will do so in the future with a more positive frame of mind.

Best regards...
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I liked the 10 of diamonds trick with the pips collecting on the bottom of the card. I think that the same effect would be more visual moving the card up and down instead of right and left and with hard strokes toward the bottom where the pips will collect. Do you have a patter about this? I mean, why do you take the card and shake it?

And if you really want to astonish me... find a way to do it with a signed card Smile
Ok, you can do it signing the 2 cards yourself in the same position, and it would be really strong... but what about a signature of a spectator?

Dave
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2006-09-17 22:45, Magiguy wrote:
Jahan,
Nice work. You obviously have some talent and passion, and I enjoyed watching your performance.
John,
Yours was also good, but a bit rougher around the edges. Much less visual than Jahan's, but not entirely without merit. (**Both of you might reconsider your use of gaffs... given some of your obvious talents and influences, you may be better off without them).

Magicmania,
I have yet to recognize the value of any of your posts. You are, quite simply, condescending (which is odd, considering your age and seeming lack of maturity), and your posts have no apparent value, other than for the fact that you obviously enjoy criticizing others, despite your apparent lack of knowledge and experience. You might want to rethink your strategy here in the Café. I'm certain that you have a lot to contribute, and I hope that you will do so in the future with a more positive frame of mind.

Best regards...

Of course I criticized him! He was asking for an opinion, so I gave him one. The handling was ok, but mostly the erdnase needs work. Jeeze freak out! And I am not condescending one bit. I know I have a lot to learn still. I don't think 8 years is enough experience to act superior over others. Please stop antagonizing me.

Thank you and good night!

Luke
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
The video begged for criticism. If you post a video on this forum - expect feedback, both good and bad.
My feedback - well, the fact that you posted a video shows you have some passion for magic - bravo! Don't let it fade.
OK, now for the not-so-good news. All of your sleights need a lot of work. Please stop posting videos until you've improved (a lot). Why do I seem to be so...harsh? Because...laypeople watching that video will be able to figure out (easily) how the changes were accomplished. This is not good. For ANY of us who are out there working. Hopefully none of you feel I need to justify this point...it should be obvious.
We're not doing anyone favors by giving people pats on the back for posting sub-par performances.
Tell it like it is.
I thought magicmania's post was actually pretty fair...

Kaylan
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I applaud ANYONE who has the nerve to perform for total strangers (and CRITICAL magicians, LOL!)...

A lay person would likely not catch the sleights as readily as most of us would imagine. The Erdnase, even sloppily done, fools most lay people. I know...my first attempts at it were ABOMINABLE, but fooled my friends...same with the Double Lift...my solution was to get them to look me in the eyes, while I did the "get ready".

Brad Christian and Justin Miller have excellent tips for both on the "Army..." DVD...

All-in-all...I'm pretty impressed with your efforts...

Doug
Jahan YA U KNO
View Profile
New user
OC
5 Posts

Profile of Jahan YA U KNO
Thank you for all the feedback

I hope to put out a better vid if I can

thanks again!
sayer
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
64 Posts

Profile of sayer
Very nice effects!
But I think, that double lifts aren´t good. They didn´t look natural. Try to do them smoother.
ssick92
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ssick92
Thanks so much guys....i know we need a lot of work...but I don't think that any laypeople would be able to figure out magic just by watching this...sorry but I didn't think it was THAT bad....

although it could ahve used a lot of work...
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Ssick92, to be fair, I watched the video again with a "layperson" and she said that it wasn't THAT bad, so I apologize for being too harsh with my previous comments. It wasn't THAT bad. I just wish it wasn't posted on youtube, but that's OK. I also took into account that you guys are still pretty young, so my impression now is that you guys did a decent job, but you have to keep in mind that if you're going to post stuff on the WWW, remember that as a magician, you're not just representing yourself but all of us...know what I mean?
Keep up the good work, guys.

Kaylan Smile
Jahan YA U KNO
View Profile
New user
OC
5 Posts

Profile of Jahan YA U KNO
Yes I know exactly what you mean,

and your right about us being young, we still have a long way to go!
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2006-09-23 15:10, ssick92 wrote:
Thanks so much guys....i know we need a lot of work...but I don't think that any laypeople would be able to figure out magic just by watching this...sorry but I didn't think it was THAT bad....

I don't know. Your doubles (both of you) are really atrocious. You're supposed to be mimicing the actions of holding a playing card, an object which is neither heavy nor delicate as it seems you are treating. Learn to flip a double over like you would a regular card. Will an audience necessarily understand the concept of a DL? No, probably not, but they'll understand that something strange is going on because you're not handling it like a normal person handles a normal card.

Good luck.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Good job.
Continue to learn.
Continue to improve Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Excellent advice Phil C!

After 36 years of doing magic, I am STILL learning, and learning to improve!

This old dog's learning NEW TRICKS! LOL!

Doug
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Erdnase definetly needs a lot of work.
the card spin as well and the DL get ready.
and you need to work on your smoothness.
other than that, nice video.
keep it up!

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Ghost Gaff Video. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL