The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Looking for Closed captioned or English subtitled DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
As some of you may have read on my site. When I was growing up my hearing was a sort of roller coaster. I couldn't hear, then I could hear better, then my hearing decreased again, then I got hearing aids, then it decreased some more until I became deaf.

Anyway, years ago when I got my first TV that had closed caption capability (before that you had to buy an encoder to attach to the TV) I became kind of obsessed with movies. I was discovering how much of a movie I was missing. I'd watch a movies I've seen before but now with the Closed caption (Or English subtitles) there where things said in the movie I didn't know. Kind of plots within the plot or lines and jokes I was missing or misinterpreting.

Anyway, there are some movies I'd like to find with Closed caption or English subtitles. DVD would be preferred. I'm posting this in hopes that maybe someone out there would have one of these and would be willing to sell them to me. Most of these will be movies made in the 70's or 80's. I'll just mention a few now but I'm sure others will come to mind.

-Meatballs (1976)
Bill Murray

-Circle of Iron (1978)
David Carradine, Jeff Cooper, Christopher Lee, Anthony De Longis, Roddy McDowall, Eli Wallach

-The Outsiders (1983)
Diane Lane, Emilio Estevez, Matt Dillon, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise,

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Hey Jaxon,
Check out this site:

http://www.libraryvideo.com

They may have what you are looking for.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You mean I'm not the only living human being who actually likes CIRCLE OF IRON?
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks Margarette. That's a pretty good site.

rossmacrae:
I liked it when I was a kid. Probably because I wasn't allowed to see it back then but I did anyway. I haven't seen it since I was about 15 years old (36 now). Like many things I liked back then if I watch it now I just might think, "How could I have liked this corny movie". But still, I want to see it again with Closed caption.

I always liked the Outsiders. I meet S.E. Hinton when I was a kid and she came to our school. Here's a little trivia. She's in the movie. In the scene when Matt Dillon tells a nurse to "Get the ___ out of here!". That nurse is her. It's amazing to me that she wrote the book at 15, it was published when she was 16. Quite an accomplishment. Many of us had to read it in school.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Rock on, Jaxon. Your nickname is Sparky.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Well, I hadda get the DVD of "Circle of Iron," but I don't remember whether it's captioned - Amazon says it is.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I read the Outsiders in school a few years ago in 7th grade.

Stay Golden, Ponyboy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Looking for Closed captioned or English subtitled DVD's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL