The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Lost doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

H3123T1K
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of H3123T1K
So, something got inside my dove cage the other night and killed my doves. I am now completely depressed, as I had been working with that pair for over a year. What really gets me, is that those two were my buddies. I know this topic is pointless, but it still is depressing.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
No it's not pointless. It doesn't seem like it right now but getting your feelings out about the doves does really help. I've lost a few doves in my career and it's somthing you never get used to.
Where the magic begins
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
We had that problem too, but our dove lived. Try wrapping chicken wire around the cage. That'll keep the critters out.

JIM
Peter Austin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Peter Austin
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your doves... I too have lost doves to preditors. Many times it's a neighborhood cat or depending on where you live could be a weasel. I've lost a few doves to weasels in the past, they're small enough to "weasel" their way into small openings. If the dove was decapatated then it was probably a larger animal who couldn't get in the cage and just used its paw to kill it and then try to eat it through the cage. If it was totally mauled then what ever it was got inside the cage. I've lost doves to both kinds of preditors. Like Dave said, its never something you get used to. Please accept my condolences...

Peter Austin
mattsharpe
View Profile
New user
Paradise, Newfoundland
72 Posts

Profile of mattsharpe
Don't forget about snakes, in which case you'll need to figure out a way to snake-proof your cage, which could be a bit of work.
Matt
durgy
View Profile
Elite user
Toronto
402 Posts

Profile of durgy
You guys are lucky you can keep your birds outdoors. Try living in Toronto.

Anyhow I'm sorry about your doves. They're in a better place now.
https://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
London Uk
139 Posts

Profile of WKM
That is a real shame to hear, Hope you are felling better.
Liam Ball AIMC*
The Gentleman Magician
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Sorry to hear this. You have my sympathy. I almost lost my rabbits to a black bear once. I don't really know how to "bear-proof" my rabbit hutches. I am just praying it doesn't happen again.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
My feelings go out to you, I am very sorry
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
Regan- lol my rabbit hutches are bear proof it's funny you should say that. there also lion proof and Tiger proof. No joke!
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Sorry to hear this. Been there, it's not fun at all.

Please tell us more about what happened, it just might help the rest of us. Raising awareness of this sort of thing, and how to prevent it, is a good thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Lost doves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL