The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sexy Prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Sinister,

I have it and I truly love it.

This is something that could make allot of performers better just by using it.
(My opinion of course).
It is not a toy and if you are looking for the next "mind reading toy" stay away from this.
This in my opinion is not something most magicians could perform either.

I wish I had the time now to work for a few weeks on how I am going to present it and it really bothers me that I will not be able to do so immediately.

I will however use this prop.
It is Great piece of work.

Please consider what my thoughts are on this before purchasing it.
This I feel is a great tool for a strong performer.

If you are a semi pro/guy I would suggest this thing could give you allot to work with and build on.
It is not in my opinion an open the box and perform it toy.

This could be a beautiful and memorable piece of psychological theater.

J ack
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Aubrey_T
View Profile
Regular user
Paso Robles
175 Posts

Profile of Aubrey_T
Okay I'll bite. Could you enlighten us with some more info on what it is you are talking about? Sounds intriguing.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Sorry,

Go to the banner add for outlaw effects.

Sinister is the name for their new prop.

-J ack
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Argh - I had a horrible vision - a bunch of people getting the homicide series and performing it badly... as Jim says this thing is now toy - it is the stuff nightmares are made of - buy it but don't perform it unless you will do it justice = puh-leeez
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It's $50 presale.....Is that about the value?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2006-09-29 20:07, Slim King wrote:
It's $50 presale.....Is that about the value?

It's $60.00, and the value can only be determined by the buyer.

If I put my time spent producing and ageing each book into the cost the book it would be far more than $60.00 per book Smile but thanks for asking!

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Dave:

That ($50) is a bargain. The work that has been put into the book is worth at least 3 times that price, and the methodology is beyond pricing.

What you receive is a piece of art, and a tool for creating art.

For the collector, it is well worth it.

For the performance artist, it is worth much, much more.

But for the idly curious; pass it by; you'll be better serviced by something like Little Bunny's Card Trick.

Mine arrived last night and I am in love with it. I don't know whether to perform with it, or put it in a display case. It is so beautiful!

Ideas and presentations are flooding though my mind, there are so many possibilities.

Rick has done it again; not only does he think outside the box, he has demolished the box and set a new standard for quality.

Owning one of Rick's books is akin to owning one of Doug Higley's pieces; they are functional pieces of art for the performer. Beautiful in their own way, and testament that art and fine craftsmanship have a place in our industry.

Tony
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I needed to put a smiley face on my last post. I was just opening the door to let you guys in. Jim said it was "THE BEST" so I'm good. (Just financially challenged Smile )
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Slim King:

Understand completely!

:hypnodisk:
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Not only is Sinister the Best, but potentially the most powerful concept to come out in the world of mentalism ever. Try doing this one over the phone,(on the radio)! Smile
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Over the phone? Are you mailing someone the book and then doing it over the phone?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That might be an expensive proposition......Perhaps worth it under certain situations. Smile
Just "Koenigized" another DJ a couple of minutes ago!!!!!
:dancing:
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I got "Koenigized" before. It can hurt if you are not careful.

By the way Slim I am still patiently awaiting your card dvd. Smile
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Love that Koenigism ! Smile
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I own the Homicide booklet. Can someone explain to me why I would buy the others? Whitechapel, Sinister?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2006-09-30 14:17, chichi711 wrote:
I own the Homicide booklet. Can someone explain to me why I would buy the others? Whitechapel, Sinister?

Manhattanville contains pawn shop customers before they became victims.

Homicide is about the "victims murder scenario".

Sinister is a book that "profiles" all the killers. The profile also contains their victims, which were all customers of the pawn shop book (manhattanville).

They are all stand alone effects that give you the option of weaving the books together if you wish.

Sinister let's you reveal the name of the killer (A name that is printed on the page) as just one of many revelations.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I took "sinister" for a real world spin last night.... WHAT FUN! These books from Outlaw, "Homicide/Whitechapel", Manhattanville" & now "Sinister" allow you to create an incredible picture in your spec's minds.... The idea of being able to reveal so much information without having to fish for it is pretty spectacular in my view.

The audience was baffled when I performed "Sinister" last night. I thought it would play big and it did.

These books are not tricks... they are great tools/props that help you create a strong routine that can run as short or as long as you like. It's up to you. I don't really link the books together but it's an option that many seem to like. I prefer to use them solo because it just fits my style better but it's nice to have that option available.

Also, the forum that Outlaw offers for its effects has been very helpful to me. Lots of clever thinking from those who perform with these books and I thank them for sharing!

Best,
Bobby
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Just an update.

I have posted part of my presentation for this prop on the Sinister site.

It is a good bit that has served me well in other effects.

Hope you guys can use it.

J ack

H.O.A-X
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Hi chichi711,

I posted my ideas and observations on using all 3 in a performance (I love the idea - I wish more inventors would do this) here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Bruce
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOVE IT!! that's ALL THERE IS TO IT!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sexy Prop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL