The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mentalism question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic_man_jim
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of magic_man_jim
Hello all...I am new to mentalism but have been performing magic going on 17 years now. I don't know that much about mentalism yet but I am tring to get into it. My question is does anyone know the technique used by Criss Angel on his back to school episode when he stood back to back with the student and they tore pieces of a yearbook out and and the end Criss had Selected the same picture as the student. Is this based off of Equivoque or am I totaly off base here. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you all
Magic is not to fool...but allows you to believe!

Jim Boothe
www.jimboothemagic.com
jim@jimboothemagic.com
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
TELEVISION MAGIC IS TELEVISION MAGIC, dear brother--

'nuff said....

:)
Merlin C
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Merlin C
Right. On TV, we don't see everything that happens. TV mentalism takes advantage of the medium, and has been discussed extensively on this forum and in books like Nelson's TV Mentalism.

Though that effect sounds like it could be done live. But reverse engineering other people's unpublished material either for curiosity or to copy them is not thought well of.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
S-t-o-o-g-*
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2006-10-04 19:38, Dr Spektor wrote:
S-t-o-o-g-*

Or, Al Koran.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Profile of bond_jmesbond007
"Hi, do you wanna come on TV?" Yes. "Great, then this is what you have to do.".... "Action"..... "No. Not like that, I need better expressions, this is how it needs to be, it needs to look natural and real".... "Action"... "This is the last time I am telling you to do or you are not on TV. OK?".... "Action"..... "Good Job".... "Well done" ... and Abracadabra, your trick is done....

lol...
magic_man_jim
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of magic_man_jim
Yes it could have been a stooge I also saw a demo video of "The Mentalist" performing a similar effect and was just wondering if the effect was published or if it was out there for just a few select pros. thanks for the input
Magic is not to fool...but allows you to believe!

Jim Boothe
www.jimboothemagic.com
jim@jimboothemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mentalism question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL