The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » search engine » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
The search engine isn't very user friendly. Do you plan on making any changes to it?
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Could you be a bit more specific? What parts are you having trouble with? We currently have no plans to make any changes, but if something isn't working right, we can look into it.
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
well... on my system after I go look at one of the finds and come back it is hard to see the rest of the posts I have to refresh etc...It would be nice if it could highlight the words searched for, or if it could go to that area of the page that it found the searched for word. Some of the threads are so long that it takes for ever to look through it to find what your looking for. Just an idea anyway. thanks
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Here's an idea:

Say you searched "Coins Across" in the Show Me the Money forum.

Click on a topic that it found. Now, (in IE), click ctrl-F to open the find page. Enter "Coins Across" in the search field, and click Find Next.

This will go along the page you are on, find the words "Coins Across" and highlight them.

Just a little trick I use.

-Alex
EranRaven
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of EranRaven
After searching a topic I get a list of results. After clicking on one and then trying to hit the back button I lose my search list and have to search again. Is this a feature or design flaw?
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
If you're using internet explorer, simply hold down the "shift" key while you select the link from the search results page.

That'll fore the resultin page to load in another window that you can close and go back to the original search windows without losing your results.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » search engine » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL