The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic at the movies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
191 Posts

Profile of Cheety
Nice to see hollywood making some movies about magicians. The Illusionist is already out and The Prestige is coming out soon, but it will be some time till we get em here, so if you have watched the illusionist wat were ur thoughts on it?
Mostly Harmless ^_^
elecktra
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of elecktra
Hi Cheety,
The Illusionist was great. It was beautifully filmed and its rare that they make this type of movie these days. Everyone that was in the screening I was at applauded at the end. It was a really nice love story as well. The magic just tied it all together. They use some computer stuff to enhance some effects but it was well done and enjoyable. The Prestige is finally being advertised on tv here in New York. It will have a big opening on October 20. (I predict). It looks really good. Very different premise than The Illusionist. You may get to see it before you see The Illusionist in Sri Lanka just because The Illusionist was more of a small independent release that did not get a lot of advertising and was released in fewer venues. The Prestige is a big nationwide release though. There is a foreign film out also (on DVD) that was made a few years ago named Simon the Magician. I saw it at the videostore and when I read the back of it, it sounded like a french version of The Prestige. I don't know if anyone else has seen it or heard of it???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic at the movies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL