The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Max Maven's Nothing (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Max is one of those guys who I enjoy his DVDs for the performing tips and psychology of performing but didn't care for the actual material. That being said, the audio commentary and discussion made it totally worth it to me. There were a couple of performing tips that went right into my show. Although I personally did not care for the actual material, I do like Max's releases and teaching style. For actual material to use, I enjoy Osterlind's DVDs.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Great dvd set, to me it makes one think different about effects and mag choice stuff always gets a big applause and he does some of that on this dvd

the convos are cool, lots of good history stuff and overall its a case where this dvd really opens your mind, you'll be looking at everyday items in a different way lol
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
I am a Maven fan, but for some reason, in this DVD he seemed uncharacteristically nervous. The add a number effect was a case in point.
That said, the man oozes knowledge on all things Magic/Mentalism and this is evident from the explanation section.
Worth adding to your collection, but not one of his best...
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 14:52, innercirclewannabe wrote:
I am a Maven fan, but for some reason, in this DVD he seemed uncharacteristically nervous. The add a number effect was a case in point.
That said, the man oozes knowledge on all things Magic/Mentalism and this is evident from the explanation section.
Worth adding to your collection, but not one of his best...
you talking about the one where he told the girl on stage to give him number?

if so I think the girl at the end that didn't know how to do math messed it up for a moment, he comes off as someone who doesn't like anything but perfection and here he got a audiance member that couldn't do basic math in turn his trick even thou was a success just wasnt as planned
WesleyBryan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of WesleyBryan
Penguin is selling it for $50 in a few minutes.
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
I like Max Maven and I also like some of his ideas and his thinking, but this dvd set is really nothing. Nothing I would or will use in my shows.
There is much better stuff available - take this.
Shayde Phoenix
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
116 Posts

Profile of Shayde Phoenix
I also got "nothing" from this set. I'll admit I was dissapointed.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I liked this release, especially since I only paid $20 for it due to the LL December sale. The real bonus is that this is mentalism video with the MOST cleavage!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, equivoque wrote:
I liked this release, especially since I only paid $20 for it due to the LL December sale. The real bonus is that this is mentalism video with the MOST cleavage!

But who wants to look at Max's chest?

i enjoyed the DVD. (Man-boobs not noticed).
Gorgeous
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Gorgeous
Bummer, wished I caught this when it was $20
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
There is NOTHING on this dvd that looks like real mind reading.
His dvd on the subject of equivoque is much better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Max Maven's Nothing (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL