The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Orange effect in "The Illusionist" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Hi,
There was a scene in the film "The Illusionist" where Eisenheim tosses an orange back and forth between his hands and at one point causes the orange to time-lag or slow down in mid toss. I actually don't know if this is more juggling or magic, or if it just a result of special effects CGI.
Any thoughts?
-J.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The item is discussed in the October issue of Genii.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Hi Jonathan,
Fantastic!
I haven't received my issue yet, I am looking forward to it even more now.
BTW: Your feature in Genii was outstanding! Kudos.
Thanks.
All the best,
J.
Marc Christopher
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
31 Posts

Profile of Marc Christopher
Hi all,

sorry for shuffling this thread to the top after such a long time. I stumbled over this only recently, while googling for that exact effect.

Unfortunately I have no access to the Genii magazine. I would be willing order a back issue, though, provided it contains the information I am hoping for.
So, it would be helpful for me to know, what exactly is "discussed" in that issue. Is the bottom line basically that it's CGI and was never and cannot be done live? Or does the discussion also contain some ideas and techniques for live performances?

Any help would be much appreciated,
thanks in advance,
Marc
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You may be able to access Genii by checking with Magic Christian or by going to the Genii forum. All the back issues are on line.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I used to do the exact same thing in my classic billiard manipulation act, and my method was only sleightly different from the one in Genii. I think it will be exactly what you are looking for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Orange effect in "The Illusionist" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL