The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Live at the jailhouse. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-02-21 13:12, Danny Diamond wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 22:21, jussy wrote:
I wish I had seen me about 10 yrs ago.
Justin N. Miller

That can be arranged...but first you have to hit 88mph in the DeLorean - oh, and you're gonna need some plutonium too. Good luck Justin!

Danny, I couldn't think of one funny thing to say in response to Justin's funny remark. You NAILED it bro!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2007-02-02 09:54, D J Hawkins wrote:
I’ve now had time to study the DVDs in detail and must say I am blown away – they are AMAZING. Everything just feels so “right” – the performances in real life situations (and not the hyped up L&L audience) and the advice sessions filmed as informal chats to camera. It is REALLY impressive. I just wish I’d had access to this level of information when I first started about 17 years ago. Time and again I found myself nodding and realizing that I had found out a lot of the advice given here by trial and error. I would say that anyone who wants to perform close up magic in a commercial (i.e. real life) setting whether it be in a restaurant or general table hopping simply MUST purchase these tapes.

I have brought many, many DVDs over the years that purport to give the “real secrets” of performing Close Up Magic. Some are very good and a few are rubbish – without doubt Live at the Jailhouse is THE most comprehensive advice and material currently available. It is worth WAY more than the asking price. Oh …and The Jailhouse looks a fab place to eat out. Wish I lived a bit closer so I could sample the food !!!!!

Taking the words right out of my mouth! I agree 100% . Now I am getting hungry for some Jailhouse food Smile
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Quote:
On 2007-02-21 15:58, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-21 13:12, Danny Diamond wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 22:21, jussy wrote:
I wish I had seen me about 10 yrs ago.
Justin N. Miller

That can be arranged...but first you have to hit 88mph in the DeLorean - oh, and you're gonna need some plutonium too. Good luck Justin!

Danny, I couldn't think of one funny thing to say in response to Justin's funny remark. You NAILED it bro!!!

Chris

Almost. I called up TBS. They said without mention of the Continuum Transfucntioner the statement was only mildly amusing.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I was told by John Cleese that I can lol at that...............ok I'm done.
Justin N. Miller
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My response was going to be "so much for the space time continuim".
Jason Shapiro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Jason Shapiro
I bought this set because I have enjoyed the celini series and I trust what I have seen from kozmo in person and his work. I enjoyed this set as well. I love garretts work, torn and restored sugar packet and watching the live performances. Great tool for the un experienced restraunt worker, which I was. Justins story of his worst perfomance was really funny. overall recomended...for information and ideas. Pick me up a hover board jussy!
JASON SHAPIRO
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Good DVD set but nothing groundbraking for me. BUT....... I wished I had this set when I just started out in restaurants. SOme great tips in it.

But.... please guys don't be all like a child, just respect eachothers views.

No one deserves to get bullied here for having a different opinion as we are all magicians.

I can find myself in each of your point of views but some comments r almost to childish:(
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've got 4 DVD's I watch all the time:
Cody Fisher "Cody Fisher on Magic"
Paul Green " In The Trenches"
Larry Davidson's "Scripted Insanity" DVD set
.... and "Live At The Jailhouse".

These 4 are MUST HAVES on any shelf. I'd never sell these. They are so good and I get soemthing out of them everythime I watch them.

Christopher
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Well good.Smile

But can you imagine another magician puts 4 different DVDs there which he/she likes?

that's the whole point. A differ in taste:)

Btw, I do agree with Paul Green's in the trenches. Its a monster DVD Smile All real work material and very well explained
T.House
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of T.House
Hi,

I just got these DVDs, and have only watched the first one so far, but it is excellent. Very good advice, and some nice routines. The Kirk Charles routine with the shot glass is one I would like to try, but do not know where to find the two sizes of orange crochet balls. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bruce
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
Kozmo

Well done on putting together these DVDs. I remember you telling me about them at a brainstorming session nearly five years ago.

Just goes to show that the best ideas stick around.

Mike
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Just bought these and can't wait to get off the road to get them
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Live at the jailhouse. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL