The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Battery operated flash pod? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Hi all,

I need to spark some flash paper and powder from inside an illusion? It needs to be in a small type can and then wired into the inside of the prop to be operated from a 9v battery or similar. Can anyone reccomend the best way to achieve this successfully 100% every time?

I have tried wiring a 9v battery to 2 terminals running a length of fine wire between them with no joy! Obviously there is not enough power to generate heat or a spark to ignite the paper.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards

Sean
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Hi Sean,

I have exactly what you need. It's from Milan Forzetting's book Paragons and Paradoxes. I've e-mail you the diagram. The only thing you were missing in your wiring was a pyro match to set off the flash paper. This arrangement is the same as used in Chalet's Wiz Kote, which I've used hundreds of time without it EVER missing once. Well one time, but that was my fault because I let the wires touch!!!

All the best,

John
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Buy one.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL