The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Photo Coins (Roth handling) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Charles Adams
View Profile
Regular user
Silver Spring, MD
158 Posts

Profile of Charles Adams
I am interested in obtaining the photographic sheets of miniature playing cards that David Roth mentions in the "Photo Coins" effect in his Expert Coin Magic Vol. 9. Does anyone know where I can obtain these? Thanks as always.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Hank Lee has these.
Charles Adams
View Profile
Regular user
Silver Spring, MD
158 Posts

Profile of Charles Adams
Thanks for the tip...
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Is this the trick where the paper is placed between two coins, then a card is selected, and the image of the card appears on the paper, while the coins are in the specatator's hands?

What size is the paper? Can it be done with quarters, halves or dollars?

If it is the trick I'm thinking of, we had to use dollar-sized coins way back when - wondering if the new images are on smaller paper...

By the way, Vernon had a neat handling of this, once upon a time. Then a dealer, I think it was Tannen, had a gaff for it, so you didn't use coins. It was a rectangular base with a lid. I remember selling the thing in the seventies, but can't recall the name - I always called it a portable darkroom, said it was like the one 007 used with his little spy camera - thank God for "Q"...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I bought mine at http://www.magic.org. It's for half dollars. Type in "photo coin" when using their search engine.
Charles Adams
View Profile
Regular user
Silver Spring, MD
158 Posts

Profile of Charles Adams
Yes Paul that is the one. I am looking just for the sheets of miniature cards as I have everything else.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
I wonder what it would take to have a photographer shoot a dozen cards, then have the lab "shrink" them and "print" the negatives? That's what you're after, right?

I had a photo lab in Detroit do a ton of work on old photos for Don Alan one time, including cleaning up some originals that had been written on, etc. and re-shoot them. We got new negatives, multiple copies in several sizes, and all kinds of "special" developments for not very much money. Since each photo was a "one off" type of thing, it had to be specially done, I thought it was going to cost a fortune, but I think we got out for under $300.00.

Now, since we're talking about taking one photo, then just "downsizing" it and printing a bunch of copies, how much could that cost? Heck for less that $50.00 you ought to be able to get enough cards to last a lifetime, and supply your magic buddies too! Just a thought...

Hey, you know who ought to know the answer to this - Pete Biro! Where are you Pete? Hey, do a friend a favor, will'ya?

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Why not just scan the cards [better yet, get hold of digital artwork], and print them onto gloss photo paper?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Photo Coins (Roth handling) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL