The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween Decor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Are you doing anything special for Halloween around the house? Any special effects or decorations designed to scare away some trick-or-treaters? Care to share a bit here?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Oh my, yes! It has become a tradition at my house. I don't think folks would allow me to stop. I don't know how many have asked me if I was going to have my 'haunted' house again this year.

I helped run a haunted house for 7 years and I accumulated a lot of props, so now I use them at home. I always throw in some magic and the kids....and grownups love it. Well most do anyway. Sometimes kids will not even get out of their car. Sometimes they will get out and get back in. Other times they will make it half way up the walkway, or even to the porch and turn back. The ones that make it inside have a good time.

I am busy decorating right now. I always get excited during this time of year.

Regormortis
Mister Mystery
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Is the Pope Catholic ? Smile

You can see some of the things I do to my house by checking out my Hauntspace page:
http://hauntspace.com/profile.php?id=623
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Whoa, that is great stuff happening at your house Myst! That thing that lives under the stairs is soooo cool!
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Our house is Victorian, 1879. We are our simple selves and the supernatural activities are all in the trick-or-treaters' heads.

We love your avatar, Mr. Garland.

H D X for Halloween!

L
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thank you Lucia Von Franz,

1879...wow...the year Mr. Edison started to perform with his first practical incandescent light bulb in New Jersey while Wyatt Earp was just arriving in Tombstone, AZ. Neither man had an interest in Halloween decorations however.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
What? No Halloween decorations in a town called Tombstone? You must be joking.
Guess they did not have a large Scott-Irish population.

Tony
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Isso owes me 6 American Puritan prickers' thumbs from a Betcha. Hope they arrive soon. I have plans.

Corona
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
The little buggers cross the street a block before they get to my house on a bright sunny day in July, Ya think they're gonna show up on Halloween at night.

Yeah Right!!!!!!
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
We keep the lights off and under-decorate so as to not confuse the children that we are home on Halloween night. Sadly, "busy season" means handing out candy about 30 miles from my house for the past several Halloweens. I almost feel like a "Halloween Scrooge" except for the fact that I'm doing the same thing for a different group of kids in another neighborhood.

When we were home, I went all out with altering the lighting, sound effects CDs, and as many cool props as I could find and put up in whatever space I had.

Chris
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Halloween within a New York apartment building consists of a list that you sign, if and only if you want trick or treaters to stop by between the hours of 5:30 to 7:30.
Boring.
But we have a great parade in the village with dark puppets galore!
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I don't get trick or treaters out here on the farm. I think I have gotten about 5 in the last 4 years, so we don't bother decorating. I am usually of at a haunt somewhere Anyway. I am actually not working this year, but may sneak of to visit a haunt.

Dave
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
We are hoping to visit one tonight! I am looking forward to it. I bnever get to do this because I was doing a haunted house for years, then after I got out of that, I am always too busy. Setting up my decorations is a job and it takes a lot of time. With magic and music and everything else, it's difficult to have any free time during October.
Mister Mystery
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Here's my nephew Rusty dressed as a scarecrow, sitting quietly by the front door holding the candy bowl, ready to jump up and scare the crap out of some little kids. Remember, Halloween is all about the children. Smile

'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween Decor (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL