The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silk Material for Handkerchief (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Hello,

I am looking for a meterial which I believe is silk to make a for coin work. I would like the material to be like what David Roth uses in his coin and silk videos. It appears to be a thicker silk than the normal magicians silk handkerchiefs, but not as thick as say, cotton. Any advice??

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Macy's, Nordstrom, Sears (men suits department), Men's Warehouse, most Tuxedo rental places, Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, or your favorite fine mens clothing retailer. You're basically looking for a pocket square that goes in your outer breast pocket usually made of fine grades of silk or satin or blends.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Ahhh thanks, I also just read about pocket squares from berlington coat factory outlet as well. I'd really like to just buy the meterial so I can make my own hankercheifs and gimmicks as well

Stevie D
-Stevie D
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Unless you have experience sewing silk, you might want take Dorian's advice. I have been happy ordering through wildties.com
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
I make my own hankercheif already, and can sew. I know I won't be able to to make a rolled hem, but I can double fold the edges with great results. I just haven't been able to find the material.

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Do you have a jo-ann fabrics? Or go to a professional tailor and see if you can buy the material.

C
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silk Material for Handkerchief (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL