The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Yellow Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
Just caught a glimpse at these stand out cards. they are bikes in a bright flourescent yellow. THe lettering is in black, and when fanned face up they look vibrant and striking. I am going to buy myself a pack tonight. They are great at attracting attention.
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Not to be sarcastic:

But do you really need a yellow deck of cards to attract the crowd? Smile
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I'd love to see a deck of yellow backed Bicycles (ie: like the reds & the blues), but with regular faces.

I had a packet trick (Painted Packet, I think) a couple years back where the finale consisted of green, yellow and blacked Bicycle cards. I didn't care much for the black card, but always thought how nice the green & yellows were. (I've since picked up the green back Bicycles)

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I love my Bicycle decks with standard faces and differently-colored backs:
Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Black, Tactical Field Olive, and Tactical Field Black.

The Yellow deck's back is perfect, but it's too bad the faces are reversed. Yellow is definitely the most-missed color from this list (though Purple would be good to have, too). And a 'White' Ghost-style back with standard faces would also be a fun addition.

The reverse-face decks: I've used a card or two in different effects, but I feel a full deck with reverse faces just looks too gimmicky and arouses too much suspicion. For some reason, it's a lot easier to sell the idea of a different-colored back than it is a reversed face.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
The backs and card box are gorgeous, but the faces, sadly, are horrible. If you look carefully at some of the court cards and the Joker, you'll see that production isn't very good, the 'yellow fill' misses a few spots, especially on that Joker! It looks horrid!

I intended to use this regularly, but upon viewing the faces I think not. As I collect decks, it's going into the collection, but I was quite disappointed overall.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Its also hard to work with them unless you are paying 1000% attention to each move you make.for example d.l. its very easy to flash your secret with those yellow faces.
The yellow and the red deck had found a place in my collection of bicycle cards,but that's about it.Even the gaffed cards ,which are included, wont change the fact that I would never use those cards in performances.
I would like to see normal bicycle cards with those yellow backs aswell! Smile
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
I think they are not worth it.people might think they are gimmicked.
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
They might think that the cards are gimmicked, but I sometimes use different coloured cards anyway.

Mogwai, no I don't need the cards to attract attention, but I just thought that they'd be interesting and different, that's all.

I didn't know the quality was bad on these either, thanks for that. My pack is OK, but I agree the Joker's fill is shoddy.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Seems like a lot of card magicians would like to have more odd colored backed Bicycle Rider decks with regular faces. I wish the USPCC would print a rainbow deck like this, but I guess it would be nearly impossible - 52 different colors or shades.

The only yellow backed Bicycle Rider card I've ever seen came with John Bannon's "Stranger's Gallery".

Robert
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Here's an update:

You'll find Burgundy Backs here:

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=10204

Green backs here (not military):

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=7312

A beautiful ORANGE color here:

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=5461

And...we've been waiting...YELLOW BACKS!:

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=10460

Currently there are two more, only available in the 9-deck boxed set, and they are fuchsia-back and turquoise-back.

They're currently available on eBay, but the guy wants $18 a pack!

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh, and here is a Gold-backed and Silver-backed box set (price reduced to $15)!):

http://www.magicmgmt.com/magicshop/index......temid=40

I just ordered these, and the above sets. Can't wait to see 'em!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Yellow Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL