The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Find the Queen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Profile of bond_jmesbond007
Hi,

Has anybody heard of "Find the Queen"? The magician displays only three cards (J, Q & K) which he shows and then hands all the cards to the spectator to hold and then asks them to find the queen... mysteriously the queen has vanished and instead there is a "Joker" in its place!!! The magician then produces the queen from a totally different location....
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
This an old classic monte. The best version I've seen is by Jerry Somerdin called "The Perfect Monte". There are many versions, and most are gaffed.
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Maverick543
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Maverick543
I actually came up with an impromptu version a while back
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I remember buying an effect exactly like this from Gene Gordon in Buffalo, back in the 70's....It used a gimmick, but no gimmicked cards....very nice, and I think it was also called Find the Queen....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-11-05 06:55, joseph wrote:
I remember buying an effect exactly like this from Gene Gordon in Buffalo, back in the 70's....It used a gimmick, but no gimmicked cards....very nice, and I think it was also called Find the Queen....

You are right Joseph. This is the one I am talking about. It was actually invented by my dad and he had this coming up in the 60s. If you can contact Gene ask him where did he learn from... He ll trace it back to India...
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
How does this go?? I mean how is it different than other monte effects?
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-11-09 14:48, Mb217 wrote:
How does this go?? I mean how is it different than other monte effects?

Here you only have a nice gimmick and all the other cards are normal.... They can be thoroughly examined by the spectator at the end of the trick.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Get the Daryl does the monte DVD!
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
.... and what a cute gimmick this is.
You are so clean afterwards.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I highly recommend Super Clipped by Cosmo Solano. It has the flavors of Twisted Sister, NFW and Ultimate 3 Card Monte.

Here's a demo -
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10091
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
bagdini
View Profile
New user
Colorado
3 Posts

Profile of bagdini
Thanks for the recommendation! What are your thoughts on a stand up version (jumbo cards) I have a set and use it. Really fun to do for an audience. Worthy of releasing to the magic shops? I'll put together a video of it soon and post it.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Agree with evolve629. Super Clipped is a very clever enhancement on the old paper clip effect.
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Back in the 60's there was an effect called the vanishing queen, it ended with two normal jacks and a blank card.

Gil Scott
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
They used to give this away free as a promotion item. A non magician friend of mine got it for free from some company.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Find the Queen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL