The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Question about Illusion planning (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enoch8776
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of enoch8776
Hi, guys~
I'm planing to perform magic show at upcoming school talent in April 2007,
but I don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm sure I would like to do grand illusion with the theme "dream".
Last year, I performed subtitution trunk with my friend
which was the best trick for me so far.

For subtitution trunk, I only spent 200 bucks by building it.
So... if it is possible, I would like to perform grand illusion,
that is not that expensive, easy to build and simple to perform.

Will you guys help me out to get ideas?
Thanks!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
An artists dream would be ideal... and Jim Steinmeyer has a great, inexpensive to build version in Device and Illusion.

It can be built for somewhere around $200 or so.. but I'd go for a fancier frame... and have it take up much of the front of the base.

Mike
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Jim Gerrish has a killer effect in his PVC Pipe Illusion Book # 2 (on my site), called "The Litter Vanish," and very few illusionists use the method, so it is not well known. His "dream girl" is brought out in a litter carried by two assistants. She waves and blows kisses to the audience as the litter is carried from the back, down the asile and up onto the stage. The magician reaches into the curtained litter and tries to kiss the lady's hand, but she slaps him. Infuriated, the magician tears the litter to pieces. The lady has vanished. Jim usually follows this up with his Double Split Palanquin Illusion to make the lady reappear, and then her twin, but to me, just having the lady completely vanish on a bare stage with no clue as to where she went is good enough to stand on its own.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Question about Illusion planning (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL