The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » So How were the Coins at Metro Magic 2 in NJ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I was wondering how the coins were rolling at the recent "Metro Magic 2" in NJ. I hear Mickey Silver was in the house, and so many fine others. Hear they are already planning the next one, "Metro Magic 3"...Heard the Godfather here might be holding court at that one. And you know La Famiglia will be in the house for it. Yo Rannie, you comin' or what? Holla back! Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Mikey is going to be @ SAMCON06 in MA this weekend with Daryl...

It's going to be a good lecture.

Shawn
Shawn.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
I attended and had a great time. I had a chance to hang out with some of my friends I haven't seen in awhile. Lunch was awsome! We should make Steve's Sizzling Steak A tradition each year! Sorry we missed you marion.

Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Mickey's coin work is increadible, he was an excelent closer though I stayed
for the close-up show. Rumor was that he was going to do the close up...it was
awesome from my perspective.

Joe, your the one who did some close up too right? If so, your coin work
was excellent...

Eric, who is on the Café too, was there showing off his stuff...

Excellent work...I was deeply impressed and loved every minute of it. It was
just a day of fun.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2006-11-07 17:11, Rindfleisch wrote:
I attended and had a great time. I had a chance to hang out with some of my friends I haven't seen in awhile. Lunch was awsome! We should make Steve's Sizzling Steak A tradition each year! Sorry we missed you marion.

Joe Rindfleisch

YO JOE!
Dude I had a great time hanging out with you and everyone else again...I'm sooooo down with making Steve's Sizzling Steak house an annual tradition too, those steak tips were AWESOME!!! LOL...Anyway as for the coin work, the coins were definitely out and about. Between Joe, Eric, Vince Mendoza (the highlight of the convention for me personally), and myself the coins were definitely rolling! I had a blast! Definitely can't wait for next year!!!

-Bill
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Marion,

I hope to make it next time. It would be great to learn and hopefully share my stuff as well. The Manila Enforcer will once again fly to the U.S. next year mid March. Hope we could get together this time.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Hey folks,

Wanted to throw in my two Walking Liberties... I had a blast too. It's been eons since I stopped into a convention and I was so glad I took the time out to be at Metro Magic 2 -

Mickey Silver was certainly a delight to watch. I haven't seen someone truly enjoy himself while performing for a long time and that enthusiasm was contagious.

Al Angelo and I got a chance to meet and sit as we went over some handling additions I'd come up with.

Joe Rindfleisch was a wealth of knowledge and very open with with me - Steve's was excellent, but I still wonder what those first steaks would have tasted like...

I got a chance to sit and hear Jonathan Townsend go over some coin theory including motivation, handling, and multiple climax (get you minds out of the gutter)

Ran into and caught up with faces I haven't seen in nearly a dozen years, but what I really and truly enjoyed the most was a group of friends - Tommy, Justin, Bill and Eric who made me feel right at home and whose passion and drive for magic helped stoke mine. If magic is being left in the hands of the likes of these twenty-somethings then it's being left in some very good hands indeed.
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Vince - definitelty an honor and a pleasure to meet,hang out,and just have a fantastic time... I am a lifer now for that convention.

Joe - wait until next time, I will pick your brain to the utmost.

Bil - whatever!!! see you tomorrow probably or in the next few days. JK thanks for not letting me bail this year and make it up there

Tom - Dude, you may be the first person a little more edgy than myself... I didn't say you were BUT pretty close.Oh wait, you're not onthe Café yet... You'll get this one day. And I love the cards to mouth routine (exceot the littel shower that comes about)

Eric - I finally get to meet GodHandz... and yes they. The shoe thing is absolutely hysterical and I did it multiple times tonight at the bar..... Cannot wait to meet up again.

Jonathon T. -Now it was brief but your insight to presentation was very helpful, even though we cannot figure out the true chemicals of that fantatic ink... And remember the chicken crossing the road. I KNOW you will use that one if you haven't already.

I think I have got everybody who was in my close proximity for the day. Steve's for sure...... I gotta try the "juice" next time... Holla back.

And for a side note, don't you think a competition of sorts would have played well there...Closeup/Stand Up I mean, of course..... I wouldn't have minded throwing some stuff out there to the "older" crowd.....
Cheers, Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » So How were the Coins at Metro Magic 2 in NJ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL