The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Prohibition (a penetration) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
This truly is a wonderful effect and like doc said, the choreography is beautiful.

It would be nice if every effect was structured this good.
engineer_star
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of engineer_star
I highly reccomend this product!! You will blow away laypeople and magicians. I bought this in early 2007 and have enjoyed every minute. I can't say too much without giving hint to the secret, but he shows a way to end it as clean as possible. I love the phrase "Beautiful magic" which encapsulates some moves and products. Believe me IT'S BEAUTIFUL MAGIC!
Sam
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
I have to say that its the best bottle penetration I have seen and performed.
The reactions are incredible good!
One more sub. I want to share with you guys : let the people sign the inside of the cap with a permanent marker,when the penetration is done and you hand them the bottle and they remove the cap and look at the signed cap : you can see a lot of jaws on the floor!
;)

All the best
Jerry
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Good idea Jerry, with the signature.
I received my Prohibition yesterday and watched it late last night.
It's just how I thought. But it goes into handling details which are worth it.
And It gave me the optional method I was looking for.
So I don't even have to think hard. Just practice!
Thanks for the time that went into this DVD>

ACE
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I just recieved my Prohibition Dvd and I absolutely LOVE it! when I saw the video of the trick being done,I took a double take, I new I just had to have it.now that I have it, I can't stop practicing it.I just can't put it down.I'm not familiar with other cap in bottle routines,but to me I don't need to know any more versions. Thanks Jerry for the great Idea.Right now I'm only bugging my wife to death with my practicing,but I will sure try having the cap sighned.

Michael Schroeder
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I told a friend about Prohibtion when it came out because it was perfect for the venue he worked. I told him I had never seen anything like this, but he was firm and I didn't press it ( He Did Daryl's version and he doesn't change when things work ).

He calls me on Friday and says "I got the Prohibtion DVD. Why didn't you beg me to get this when it came out. My jaw dropped when it was explained".

Until you perform this, you can't imagine the impact. They can keep the bottle ( and they will ). Sign the label ( always be selling and making them remember you ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Yes, it's so visual and only has one small limitation. I love performing this in bars...the only difficult part is obtaining the bottle caps, so I usually just bring a handful of them in a plastic bag with me.

Charlie Justice really created a winner here. It's practical, visual, and you leave your audience stunned.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
magicninja99
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of magicninja99
Finally purchased this, after a while of waiting. I needed a good ctb type effect, and this one has me sold. I'll try to put up a full review when I get it.
“Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef”
adamc
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
138 Posts

Profile of adamc
Quote:
On 2008-05-19 22:00, KMan1564 wrote:
Yes, it's so visual and only has one small limitation. I love performing this in bars...the only difficult part is obtaining the bottle caps, so I usually just bring a handful of them in a plastic bag with me.

Charlie Justice really created a winner here. It's practical, visual, and you leave your audience stunned.

yeah, tell me about it. I was at a bar the other day, asked the bartender for 3 identical bottle caps. She gives me two different ones. I then ask another bartender for three identical bottle caps, he gives me 3 different ones! So now I had 5 bottle caps, every single one of them different. What are the chances? I usually try to remember to bring a few of my own, but sometimes it slips my mind. It can be difficult getting a bartender to give you a bunch of bottlecaps especially when the bar is really busy, plus they'll probably look at you like you're crazy!
Evilstalkerhorne
View Profile
New user
USA Waterloo Iowa
70 Posts

Profile of Evilstalkerhorne
Ok, there are only 2 methods that I have ever got to work with a cap in the bottle routine.

1 Slight of hand

2 By using gimmicks. If you are familiar with this type of effect, don't waste money on Rey Bens version since it could be a LOT better. I bought it and pretty much tossed it into a box afer realizing that I could do so much better using slightly different handlings and gimmicks of my own. I now do the bit for about 50 cents. It looks way better. I cannot say for sure but I am sure I read about how to do this somewhere before. I just assumed that Rey would have come up with a great new way to do this thing. He did not. Also the gimmick is horrible.
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
All I can say is that Prohibition is my favorite trick to perform. It's really easy and great visual magic. I screwed up the move twice before while performing, yet the spectators didn't catch on at all (see how it's done). A clever effect that only requires you to carry some bottle caps with you, and you're set!

Just my 2 cents...
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
I too must say that I am impressed with Prohibition. Everything is well thought out, not to complicated and very magical. PROPS to you Charlie.
Sh3ldon
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Mine is on the way. Look forward to it.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Prohibition (a penetration) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL