The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Human Phone Number (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Hi Alan ok yes it does sound a bit muddled, ok I will give you an example, when I add effects to my act, I choose the correct time [in my mind] to do so, for example on the night in Dec, I performed my act all went well as an encore I had the Human telephone number set up , and performed it it blew the audience away.
Ok so why would I need to work on it for a year? because repetition makes the effect become part of my style , personality, on the night I performed, my technical performance was good, and I had a script in my head but only constant performance will really fine tune an effect, one more example , when I revealed the numbers in my show I had all the people holding cards in the audience standing, they were not on stage, over a period of time I will try different method,s ,, it dosent suit my style to get 7 people up in a theatre to slow for me ,,, hope this makes sense happy new year David Redfearn.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
If you are to perform this effect as a closer how do you combat the fact that at the end of the routine you have another 6 or 7 people up on stage sharing your applause. You have the wonderful applause cue with the signs, but you then send them away as you take a second round of applause. How is the avoided, or do you not feel it is a problem?
Nick

I know there are numerous handlings in the phone book, and people have as of yet struggled to find handlings, but I have to ask this before I buy it. Can you describe how the page selection looks to the audience? Due to the routine I would like to perform, there has got to be absoluteness no suspicion from the audience of the selection, as I am going to try and point the suspicion towards the actual numbers, throughout the routine, before destroying this idea at the very end. Can someone confirm it does not involve riffle forces, and mathematical forces, and does genuinely seem hands off. This is incredibly important for me, I usually like to see an effect before I buy it, but this so far has proven difficult. Ideally, I would like to describe what the force that allows me to do what I wish to do looks like to the audience (no method). The most important thing for me is the force of the page. And I would really appreciate any help, in someone describing what it looks like,I am very nervous about buying this without knowledge of what the effect looks like. Helps appreciated.
Nick
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
There is no force of the page... they can open the book anywhere.

Cheers

Ola
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Can this be done with UK numbers which, including std codes, can be 11 digits long. Whats the max
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Villa
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Villa
Is there much difference in the force of the number when compared to the Phone Book effect in Banacheck's PS2 ?

Garrad, I can answer your question: Banacheck's version in PS2 can be done with UK phone books or Yellow Pages.

I'm based in the UK

Villa
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Well, I did it. I finally had the perfect opportunity to perform the HPN. I was hired to perform 2 hours of strolling at a corporate conference. No problem. Then, about 3 weeks before the convference, I get a telephone call from the client.

She had been looking through my promotional material and realized that I also had quite a bit of stage experience. She wondered if I could somehow magically involve each of their past presidents in a brief magic show on stage. Without thinking, I gave my standard response, "Sure".

Then the other shoe fell. They had 15 past presidents! And they wanted the show to go no more than 30 minutes. Well, thanks to BoB Kohler, I did it! I started out with the production of the current president using Bryce's Screen. Then I went into a tossed out deck effect using a 6 foot guillotine. And finally, I ended the show with none other than the HPN.

The reactions were HUGE! The entire room of 200 literally stood up and applauded, and the past presidents all looked like heros! Even after the stage show, as I was doing my 2 hours of strolling, I still had people coming up to me in total amazement as to how I was able to hit the target in such an impossible manner.

The only regret I have is not having purchased this effect sooner. Smile

Kent

P.S. - I've also recently purchased Velocity from Bob Kohler and I plan to have it incorporated into my summer stage show. I'm sure it's going to be another winner!
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Human Phone Number (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL