The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Christmas Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I seem to have collected quite a few pieces of scrap birch plywood around the garage. And for those of you who saw the Spider Table I built and posted ( http://www.incredibleillusion.com/spidertable.htm ), here's a picture of my new Christmas Table. http://www.incredibleillusion.com/xmastable.htm .The candy canes are acrylic, which I drilled and screwed to the front. Rather then spending time painting or applying decals, I found the snowman at Walmart, it had a stick glued to the back so you could stick it in your lawn. I removed the stick and applied it to the front for a 3D effect. While doing this it dawned on me that I should build another table (right!!)and paint it a neutral "for all holidays" colour and then with velcro attach different decorations for various holidays, hearts for Valentines Day, colourful eggs etc. for Easter etc. Well that's it for now. Hope this spures on some ideas for your Christmas shows.

All the best,

John
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Another winner! Also, with the Velcro(r) attachments, think about sticking on some of your actual show props; you pull them off the front of the table, perform them and slap them back in place.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Thanks Professor,

As always, a great idea. That could be fun, perhaps having the children point to(yell out) which trick the want to see next.

John
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
That's cute and eye-catching, John...Good job!

Leland
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Very nice work coupled with a super idea! Way to go John!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you're going to have the kids pick the tricks, have one trick which you warn them NOT to pick because it's too dangerous, or something. Finally, when you have done all the other tricks, that's the only one left and you reluctantly agree to perform it. Make it something with a startling finish so you can say "I warned you! I told you and I told you, don't choose that trick!"

An idea for this might be an ugly old gnarled magic wand (stick). You use the wand to change a kid into a rabbit, and that's when you use the warning line. Then you have to figure out some way to get the kid back to normal again. If you can make a table like that, you'll have no trouble building the "Boy to Rabbit" cage!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Both tables are equally impressive! I really love the spider table-VERY cool!

I have done for ages "instat assistant" routine at Christmas parties and that table of yours just got some bright new ideas popping up! Smile
Sent from my Typewriter
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Great to hear MV. Let us know how it works out for you.

Good luck,

John
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Christmas Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL