The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Phelston Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
I recently watched my worlds greatest magic video nombre cinco and I was wondering if anyone knows what the pyro that he uses. I am talking about the fire in hands gimmick, and what type of pyro does he use in the beginning when he creates big bangs and then right before the second fan production. If anyone can help in ideas on how to duplicate the effect I would appreciate it.
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
Here is another question is anyone aware of who this performer is?
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
I saw him on World's Greatest Magic 5 too.
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
Should I post a clip of his performance on youtube for your viewing enjoyment?
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
Well for all who cares here is the video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYU5VvJpCAU
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I am very interested in the flames on his vest...

anyone have any ideas on construction?

I am wondering if it could apply it to a suit... A black on of course...

a pm with any ideas would be helpful...

bless,

MD
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
No ideas guys?
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I am not asking for exposer...

just a point in the right direction guys...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I am thinking it must be electronic....

I think I may need to talk to pace about this,...

Thanks for all the help though...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Please don't take this post the wrong way, because I mean it in a constructive way, at least as constructive as I can be when I totally disagree with you going on a public forum looking for another performers secrets so you can copy them.

Maybe you both should spend more time developing your own original effects and less time trying to copy effects from some one else's act?

I don't know this particular performer, but its obvious he has spent a great deal of time and effort developing these effects you are both trying very hard to copy.

He has not as yet put these effects on the market for other performers to use so I doubt he would appreciate your trying to copy his effects for your own use.

He probably spent months painstakingly practicing and developing effects for this short act. Its disheartening to see people so quick to try and take another performers work and use it in their own performances.

Its nice that you both really like this guys work, but don't you see the harm in your trying to copy his effects for your own use without his permission or even his knowledge? Do you think he'd like your going on a public forum posting his video and asking others to help reveal his secrets?

Put the shoe on the other foot, imagine you spent months or years working on this act. Now imagine how you'd feel when others looked at your video and went on a public forum asking people to show you how to copy that act you spent years working on.

I've always thought it was funny that some people see me peform, see some effects I do, and being magicians also think its perfectly fine to ask me how I did x or y or z. If its something you can buy off the shelf I share, but If its something I really made myself I politely tell them its a custom effect...Then I get trashed for not "sharing". Never mind the months I spent tinkering, experimenting, and building custom gimmicks to accomplish the effects.

There is a fundamental lack of respect to creative people in magic, and that's a real problem if you ask me. Some people are willing to put the time and work into
creating custom or original effects. Others just want to watch videos to get their ideas and copy the creative people that put the time in to make great magic effects possible.

Of course, we all see things that give us ideas and things we'd like to more or less reproduce in our own performances. Going on a public forum and asking others
to help you copy someone, however, is just not right.

Its certainly easier to copy an effect than it is to create one. Yes imitation is
certainly flattering to some extent, but I doubt many creative performers, including myself appreciate others taking their ideas and using them without even being given a heads up or acknowledgement.

If you really have to copy his effects, why don't you find him and email him. Let him know how much you like his work and ask him for permission to use some of his ideas. I think he deserves at least that much respect if you plan on copying his effects, but maybe that's just me.

Steven
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Thank you for your post.

I completely agree with you Steven.

I took your post ... constructively, if you will.

But I would recommend you maybe re read the posts. Mine any way. might save yourself some sleep.

Thank you again for your ... constructiveness.

and your opinions.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Phelston Jones (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL