The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Pulling the head off a dove (trick) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I agree, the bloody part is not recommended. For some reason however, the audience views tricks with animals differently than tricks with humans. While they may not say anything about a wrist chopper or cutting a volunteer in half, they most certainly have a different opinion about what we do with our doves.

It's just human nature. People are concerned with the welfare of animals. Everyone thinks they need to be an animal rights activist. I don't believe anyone actually believes we rip the head off of a dove, but they are concerned with what happens to the head when they can't see it on the dove where it's supposed to be.
Where the magic begins
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Fielding West. He has pulled the head off of a dove in his act for years. His is a comedy act and it's funny when he does it.
funkyguy
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of funkyguy
Fielding West does this in his show. IF you get his dvd. Which is a good buy in and of itself, he goes over the workings on how to make it work well. He also does this for a large group and his method allows for this. Very visual and funny. I just noticed that daktari said this aswell so I will stop now.

Posted: Nov 19, 2006 8:18pm
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It is a great trick to me. It gives more mystery to the audience. If it is passed to others by word of mouth, it will be the positive, questionable and entertaining manner. The only audience I perfer not to do this trick in front of is senior citizens at a nursing home.
sabretooth
View Profile
New user
Santa Cruz, CA
24 Posts

Profile of sabretooth
I did Ozzy last halloween. You can tuck it's head under the wing. Toss the palmed jumbo marshmallow into the air and catch it in your mouth. Just then the producer calls out on the loudspeaker "Ozzie, it's supposed to be a bat!" With blood running down his chin, Ozzy says "Oh bloody hell!" and "spits" the head back on to the bird. But yeah, it must be done without a hiccup before anyone get's their panties in a bind!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2......&theater
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I named one of my doves, "Ozzy".
Mister Mystery
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
I think I saw someone with a fake head attached to a white "animal balloon. They did a quick "stretching the neck" of the dove with a few quick tugs and then restored the dove. If you cant buy a fake head you could make one easy enough with white Sculpey clay.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
That's Fielding West's addition, yes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Pulling the head off a dove (trick) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL