The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need help forgetting the 20-Item Memory Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rael
View Profile
New user
Northern California
88 Posts

Profile of Rael
With the 20-item Memory Test, it is amazing how well you can recall a list of random items. However, it works SO well that occasionally I find that I've got more than one vivid image in my head - the one I just created and one from a recent demonstration. Anyone ever experienced this? If so, have you figured out how to erase the eariler images? I'd like to forget.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Rael:

The very first image I create is that of a calender with something strange happening on the current date, then link it with the other images.

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, but it helps me to keep track of the correct list.

As for the old lists, eventually they will fade, if you do not access them.

Tony
Rael
View Profile
New user
Northern California
88 Posts

Profile of Rael
Tony, that makes sense to me if you are using a l**k system. The confusion happens when using a p** sytem.
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Rael - I know this sounds strange, but trying imagining "nothing" in conjunction with each of the pegs. I, too, had difficulty forgetting various lists (particularly when using the Journey System). I found by using the "nothing" trick, it essentially erased what was there before. - Scott
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Good idea Scott! I can see that working perfectly. I never do too many nuemonic effects so I never had this problem, but thinking of nothing and going through the list is brilliant and I will definitely use that when needed.
Rael
View Profile
New user
Northern California
88 Posts

Profile of Rael
I will too, Scott. Thanks.
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
As you learn to relax more, and have greater confidence with the systems, you will find it not only easier to let go of your links and pegs but also find it easier and more relaxing to make them.

Julian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need help forgetting the 20-Item Memory Test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL