The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Cute, cool and frightening - all at once (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I was at the Browser's Den of Magic anniversary party earlier today. It was difficult to move around the store, it was so packed. At one point a small child came up to us and asked us to pick a card.

(For the record, this kid was seven years old and using poker sized cards)

When the card was returned to the deck he controlled it to the top with a classic pass, did a double lift, showed it was not on the top, nor on the bottom and then turned the face card into the selection with the Erdnase transformation.

I can only surmise that instead of being read Mother Goose Fairy Tales at bedtime like normal children, his parents read him Expert at the Card Table.

It was absolutley astonishing to watch. It was also an important reminder: avoid using the classic pass when your audience is 3 feet taller than you are and looking straight down at your hands.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I'm 6'3", so I'll remember that! I'd love to see a child that age do those moves. I'd be so impressed...!

Steve
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Me too.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Cute, cool and frightening - all at once (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL