The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What type of deck for this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I'm looking at making a customized deck, and am not sure exactly how to go about it. The only two ways I know are Svengali-style and rough/smooth. This is for kids, so the cards are just colored circles. It doesn't have to be a full deck, but if I'm using "hidden" cards, then it probably ought to be enough that the extra cards won't be noticed.

Here's what I need to do: I show a small pack of cards to show the different colors. The volunteer picks a card (a force), and I spread the rest of the cards over the table. My "assistant" (a mechanical chicken) wanders over on top of the cards and stops. The card under his foot is shown to be the same color as the one the child picked. Additionally, I was thinking of having a balnk spot in the middle of the colored spot the shape of the chicken's foot, which would of course be that color.

I may very well be making this much more complicated than it has to be, but here's what is in my head: A Svengali-style deck with a small packet on bottom of mixed colors. All the other cards are the same color, with the off cards having the footprint. I spread only the bottom packet to show the colors. I use a riffle-insert finger force to let the child pick their card from above the packet. When the chicken stops, I pick any off card.

Does this sound about right? Or is there a better way?

Ed
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
POP-EYED POPPER DECK
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:
POP-EYED POPPER DECK

Thanks for responding, Jaz. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this deck. Can you perhaps post back or PM me with a bit more explanation?

Ed
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
Maybe a th** deck. like in the Phil deck?
royaltmagic
View Profile
New user
Kintuckee
61 Posts

Profile of royaltmagic
Google or ebay baby...the answer to quite a bit of your searching

-Travis
"Beeble beeble beeble. Blah blah blah."

- Sum Wan

http://www.royaltmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What type of deck for this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL