The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Mysterious Stranger » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

noncom
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham, UK
125 Posts

Profile of noncom
No flames please - if you hate David Blaine, fine.

If not, those of you in the UK may be interested to know that his new book Mysterious Stranger is available from The Book People (www.thebookpeople.co.uk) for £4.99 plus postage.

I would never have wasted £18 on it, but at a fiver, it's not a bad read.

Cheers
Andy
It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it - Bananarama.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Andy,

When you start a post with “No flames please” it seems to me you KNOW what you are about to say is a troll.

The problem with most people getting into a ‘twist’ over David Blaine postings here has nothing to do with liking him or hating him. The problem is David Blaine has nothing to do with this particular type of magic. It would be like me posting nothing but Cardini posts in the kid’s show section of this site. David Blaine doesn’t call himself a ‘Street Magician’ why do you? No one called him a ‘Frozen in time’ magician after his second special.

As far as the new price of his book goes (something which also has nothing to do with street magic) don’t you think a better place for the post would be in the ‘good the bad and the garbage’ section?

I’m not flaming you, and I actually like David Blaine but this is not the place for David Blaine stuff.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
If you think there's flames now wait till he gets the Magician of the Year Award at the WMS later this month.

I'm predicting a major meltdown
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Funny thing is, it wouldn’t bother me a whit (not Hayden, Hi Whit!) if they gave it to Blaine. I don’t care if he is good at this or bad at that as far as his ‘skill’ goes. What I care about is he has gotten people (MY PEOPLE), regular folks, Interested in magic. He entertained and mystified the heck out of them. He has been good for my bottom line and for that I am grateful to him. That is no joke, it is not public nice talk, it is the honest truth.

But, that has nothing to do with the fact that he does not do the kind of magic I put food on the table with and he doesn’t belong in this forum. I think they should give him his own forum, ‘Blainesque’ or something. He is popular enough for it and it would kill all the arguments in this forum. Does anyone besides me realize that almost all of the negative posts in this forum are about Blaine?

The funny thing is I feel bad for Blaine. It is not his fault that so many people new to magic think that Blaine is the ‘king of the street’. It is the new people that come here and proclaim him that and give the real buskers a hard time about it that puts so many people off. But because of this a lot of buskers can’t stand him that would probably like the guy if it were not for the carping kids. It’s a shame. Heck, Kozmo probably would have bought Blaine a beer if no one had ever given him a hard time about it.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I just don't wanna to hear about it anymore...take it soem place else...he doesn't belong here....

If I saw blaine sometime...I would buy him a beer....and talk about magic...maybe teach him a little Smile

koz
noncom
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham, UK
125 Posts

Profile of noncom
Quote:
When you start a post with “No flames please” it seems to me you KNOW what you are about to say is a troll.

No, it means I know there are people out there who will THINK it is. I've seen the kind of reactions DB's name tends to generate on the Mentalism board where I spend most of my time.

I did look through the topic headings to try and find the most appropriate place to post the information - sorry if any of you think I chose the wrong one. Perhaps you could suggest another section and ask the moderators to move the thread.

However, whilst I understand the fact that most experienced magicians (street or otherwise) may well not be bothered to buy Blaine's book, there are many young aspiring magicians reading these boards who would be interested.

And for those, I think they may well want to know that they can buy it way cheaper than RRP.

Just trying to be helpful.......

Peace, guys
Andy
It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it - Bananarama.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Mysterious Stranger » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL