The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » I posted a new video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
Wow shape of my heart made me cry it was so beautiful. I can barely imagine how much practice you have gone thru to get to that level.

DM
"Imagination is the Only Reality"-- Marquis de Sade
close_uper
View Profile
New user
greece
17 Posts

Profile of close_uper
Hi shawn.i'm from greece. may be remember me by the academy of magic with julianna and kevin james. very very good job. congratulations. the Shape of my Heart routine is very beautifull.

-Haris-
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hi close_uper,

I had a blast in Greece. I had hoped to return this year but my contract with the cruise line comes first as they have been my client for the past seven years. This years show is going to be lots of fun...

Cheers,

Shawn
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
That's great Magic, and I've seen your other vidoes too Shawn and you ROCK Brother, ROCK !!! Not only that I LOVE the music. Fan of Horror Movies will know that's from the "Scream Trilogy". What's the name Shawn of that song? Again GREAT JOB. You do any mentalism too? Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Hey there,

The song is called Red Right Hand by Nick Cave and the bad seeds... I do a little Mentalism but not a lot...love to watch it though...

Cheers,

Shawn
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
Very Nice and smooth! If I didn't know better, I would think you had some trick photography.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Yeah no trick photography. I do it all the time in the real world and at magic connventions and sell the effect at my website. It does look clean enough to be an edit or something...but it's just how you would see it live...

Cheers,

Shawn
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-01-15 02:38, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Hey there,

The song is called Red Right Hand by Nick Cave and the bad seeds... I do a little Mentalism but not a lot...love to watch it though...

Cheers,

Shawn

That's cool. So what Exactly are the Mentalism Effects you do? I see you do some Stage and Parlour so for some reason I can see you do the Stage Version of "Mental Epic", am I right? I am....cool. How's that for MIND READING ... HaHaHa. What other Mentalism effects do you do? Thanks Shawn, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Brian M.
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Brian M.
I'd heard about this Shape of My Heart routine. It appears to have been over-hyped and upon viewing I was a bit disappointed. Personally, I found it to be a bit redundant, convoluted, and technically lacking. I would suggest you trim it down to just 3 piles of 7 cards. Just joking Shawn!!! Excellent routine!!! Glad I finally got a chance to see it.

It was a pleasant surprise to meet up with you and Lori in Vegas. What were the chances?!?!

Brian
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Hey Mr. Farquhar

I loved the bit with popping the chip off of the photo card.
Also, Shape of my Heart, very beautiful piece.

Is there anywhere to see a video of your Cubs and Balls?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
I can assure you, his cups and balls are a thing of a beauty!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Shawn THAT WAS AWSOME,,,,,,,,,,,,, up close abd in your face magic
congradulations
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

I'll work on posting something with the cups soon. Just worried folks will want to borrow it when they get to see it lots...Had one nice guy write to ask if it was ok to do my Shape routine in his country... After all he worked on it for months off of the video on youtube.... Had to say NO but most don't get why...

Shawn
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
People can't just leave creative works alone - until they try to built a routine by themselves and realize how much creativity and hard work it takes.

Great card to sealed deck routine too btw. I really love your work!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I know what you mean about people "borrowing."

I've cut back a LOT on what I share now because of it. It is sad really, for me. I just love sharing magic with anyone.

Glenn
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
This must be the 5th time I watched your Shape of My Heart routine. I never tire of watching it. Almost makes me cry.
This is magical ART at its highest.

Now if I just can get that injog shuffle of Royal Road Chapter 1 to go a bit smoothly ....

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
This must be the 5th time I watched your Shape of My Heart routine. I never tire of watching it. Almost makes me cry.
This is magical ART at its highest.

Now if I just can get that injog shuffle of Royal Road Chapter 1 to go a bit smoothly ....

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » I posted a new video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL