The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mikame Craft's Impossible Clairvoyant X-Ray Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
I put this in Tricks & Effects, but as it slowly works its way to the bottom of the page with lots of views but no comments, I fear it may go unanswered there, so I'll try it here in the Mentalism section.

Is anyone familiar with Mikame Craft's Impossible Clairvoyant X-Ray Box? And if so, could you give me a brief review? Thanks!
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
wash
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of wash
Link anyone?
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

--Gerry Spence
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I've seen it, and was offered it as a gift. It looks too much like a trick box, although a nice looking one. But most of the Makame line looks good, especially from a distance, but will not hold up to use in an actual performer's act.

If you want something that you can do a nice looking mental magic type effect once in a while, or want something that looks nice in your collection, get it.

If you want something that you can trust and use in your act, avoid it, and most of the Makame line. (Especially the effects manufactured in the last 5 years or so, as quality has dropped considerably.)

This line should be aimed at collectors and not performers. They do look nice on display!

My opinion, based on my personal experiences with the product line.

Tony
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Thanks Tony! You've answered many questions I had! The only Mikame product I currently have is Heart of Gold, and I am pleased with it, so I was curious about this box. Thanks again!

--Gerry Spence
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Would you recommend this for someone doing magic for friends and family when they come over for dinner etc? Have the box sitting there and then go into doing an effect? Does it get a good reaction and is it really examinable? For what I do, my so called friends and family often will try to examine the effect. Thanks.
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
I heard that a local metaphysical wonder worker was demonstrating that she could 'astrally' project into an 'antique' box and see what was inside. Those recounting the story seemed impressed. The description of the box that was used sounded suspiciously like this one, so I got one.
It's an odd 'Japanese' looking box; you'd want a good story about what it is and where it came from.
The secret stuff is pretty clever, though I have only done this a few times in a home/ office setting, so I have no idea about how it would hold up under constant use. As a collection item or occasional use, certainly.
I suspect that, with a bit of thought, you could use it as a prediction box, too.
brane
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
One of the few that I own, I have used - the drawing card box...good for **itches of billets...and you can introduce it with a few envelopes and other items in it first so it seems more natural being used...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mikame Craft's Impossible Clairvoyant X-Ray Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL