The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sigma Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
REVIEW OF “SIGMA” by Paolo Cavalli

It’s taken me a while to write this review, because I’ve been pretty busy and I’ve also been testing out some of the things in Paolo’s new e-book “SIGMA” and it also has had my own creativity pumped up by at least ten times. Here’s my favorites:

COINPORT: A two phase routine. In phase one, you materialize a chosen coin in your previously empty fist. In phase two, you materialize a chosen symbol on to the coin while a spectator holds on to the coin.

The second phase has a very clever ruse for getting the symbol on to the coin.

The second phase also has some nice wording reminiscent of Wonder Words that you can use as a foundation to build a house of deception.

The different aspects of the routine are all covered in very good detail and Paolo explains his thinking behind each step very well.

Coinport got me to thinking about Tony “Doc” Shiels advice that the next psychic superstar could do stuff such as pass solids through solids and materializing objects has always been a strong forte for the psychic. This double materialization is ripe for variations.

E-WAVE: A nearly impromptu version of Phil Goldstein’s “B-Wave” that uses no gimmicked cards, but will take some verbal and mental skill on the part of the performer.
Fortunately, Paolo covers how to think on your feet. The wording is subtle and not obvious like so many other routines of this nature.

C.K.C. Planet Earth: A clever version of Paul Curry’s “Out of This World” that turns into a bigger piece by using two spectators and is used as a demonstration of hypnotic mind control, with a great twist for an ending. This version reminds me a bit of “Challenge Magic” wherein the spectator challenges you to do something but doesn’t realize you have set up the challenge in advance.

Paolo suggests you could use a borrowed deck, but doesn’t go into much detail on this matter. He does, however, go into great detail on using your own deck. And with touches from Ted Karmilovich, you might get your Ted K fix until he releases his book...

THE ECP: There is a lot of other great magic here, but the one thing that stood out the most for me was Paolo’s “E.C.P.” concept. I can’t tell what it stands for without tipping the method, but suffice it to say it might as well stand for “Extremely Clever Paolo”.

Everything in this book is gold to me.

I highly recommend Sigma by Paolo Cavalli.

Available from: http://www.paolocavalli-mindworld.com/pa......oks.html

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
I have also read Sigma and Omicron and am at present working my way through Upsilon. Paolo an Massimo are both great thinkers and all three books are crammed with simply marvelous performable routines. I particularly love the thinking on chair routines, which are a favourite, and am looking forward to the up coming DVD on chair routines with excitment.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
DVD???? EXCELLENT!!! I love all of their work - those books are pure gold.

(Yep, Coinport is now a favourite of mine to do for those special occassions!)...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Ive used THE ECP to predict an actor and a movie a person freely chose:IMPOSSIBLE is yet a too weak term to even begin describing how many things you can accomplish thru ECP principle
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Hie,I've just gotten a few e-books by Paolo , the payment went through...but how do the books arrive to me?...any help?
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2007-06-04 08:40, davidlai308 wrote:
Hie,I've just gotten a few e-books by Paolo , the payment went through...but how do the books arrive to me?...any help?

They are E-Books. You should have recieved an E-mail with the download link. You down load them and them print them out. Lots of paper is needed! LOL
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I picture Sigma more than just gold. I look at it as platinum.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
How long do I have to wait for the download links?
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2007-06-04 09:40, davidlai308 wrote:
How long do I have to wait for the download links?

You should have gotten it, then again he may be away doing his thing right now. You need to Email him.
spycrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
295 Posts

Profile of spycrapper
Wow this is a great e-book by Paolo. I love it!
Magic is life

Ario A.
visit my blog:
http://amagicblog.wordpress.com
master-wega.com
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of master-wega.com
Paolo,

I tried to e-mail you, but it seems that I still get an error.
I ordered some ebooks.

greets,
Enteny
master-wega.com
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of master-wega.com
Ok, everything is fine, I recieved everything, many thanks!!!!

Great E-book..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sigma Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL