The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ortiz's Scams & Fantasies With Cards--A Review. (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
I still disagree with the ambitious card routine. I don't think his version has solved any problems or taught anything about it.

Anyway, I'm complaining about one little effect in a book full of fantastic ones. Seems a little pointless.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I am glad I could get this up before he actually guested here--which he should be doing right about now.

I have a feeling there will be a record set in the inquiry division on this one.
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
I ordered Scams a week ago, and I wish I had it sent via 2ed day now!
I cant wait.
Thanks for the great reviews guys!!!
joker808
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of joker808
Ron,
I'm curious how "Hitchcock Travelers" in scams differs from "New Hitchcock Aces" From the book Cardshark?
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Joker808,

Darwin's "Hitchcock" premise is based on the ratio idea of effect:suspense.

The effect is like this: Four cards are selected and placed in the deck--separated.

The four, signed aces are place on the table, trapped underneath the pen. Immediately, the four, signed aces are pulled from four different pockets, and the cards on the table are revealed to be the four cards belonging to the four respective spectators.

The suspense part is how unbelieveable the concept is that if--those signed aces were under that pen a mere second earlier--"What in the world could be under the pen now?"

Hence, the formulaic relation the "Hitchcock Aces."

Hope this helps,

Ron
peterdgr8
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of peterdgr8
Ron,

Awesome review. Awesome book. After a long hiatus, Darwin has returned with an absolute stunner of a publication. And proves that he is one of the few who can actually practice what he preaches.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I agree with this review. excellent book and highly recommended as is all of darwin's work
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
For a different opinion, please see mylovelyassistant.com
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Ace in the Pocket is brilliant.
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I just want to let everyone know that this book is now officially out of print. And I have no plans to reprint it in the foreseeable future. I still have a few copies here at home and a few dealers may still have copies.

If you want to order an autographed copy directly from me, contact me at the email address below.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ortiz's Scams & Fantasies With Cards--A Review. (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL