The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mental Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I recently purchased the Epic Board and Spirit Slates. I did perform with them at a few kid's shows. Does anyone of you any kinds of mental magic at a kid's show?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I used to do a balloon busting one where kids mentally threw a dart at the balloon of their color choice (I had 8 small balloons of different colors on a rack) and whichever color balloon they said they were concentrating on burst without my going anywhere near the balloons. After this trick was over, another balloon would burst and I would look at the audience angrily and ask, "OK, who did that?" Then suddenly all the kids would begin glaring at the balloons as if trying to make them break and one by one they all rapidly broke.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I perform Uncanny Hanks with colored ribbons - the kids go nuts over it. I also do some card effects in the show. Only certain effects, played a certain way, will work well with the kids. Mentalism doesn't make sense to kids, sometimes, because they often aren't able to grasp the concept of mind reading - but they do grasp similar concepts. Invisible Deck is one that I've found doesn't work well for kids, and other performers have said the same thing.
TheAstonishingLarry
View Profile
Regular user
I aspire to more than only
183 Posts

Profile of TheAstonishingLarry
Mental Epic has been a staple in my show for years. I slant it towards a kid’s perspective ... favorite cartoon character, favorite zoo animal, etc. If you have the version that requires a force to tie up any loose ends, I can't recommend "Psychic Crayons" enough. A sure-fire force with kid-friendly crayons - how could it get any better?! Richard Lyn recently made me aware of a different angle using Mental Epic ... instead or reading the kids' minds ... write your "prediction" on the board and send the "mental image" to your volunteer. Make the kids the star!
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mental Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL