The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Brands of Cards... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
http://www.usplayingcard.com/
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Go buy three or four boxes! You are saving $18 buying them there than buying one a piece at Walmart!
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Aviators! You can't hardly find them anymore though Bikes have taken over the market as the card of choice. Wish I could find a place like Costco or Sam's that sells bundles of Aviators....

Of course, almost ALL of your gimmicks are now coming in Bikes only.
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2007-01-24 15:32, DaddyDoodle wrote:
Aviators! You can't hardly find them anymore though Bikes have taken over the market as the card of choice. Wish I could find a place like Costco or Sam's that sells bundles of Aviators....

Of course, almost ALL of your gimmicks are now coming in Bikes only.

You used to be able to buy Aviator poker decks in a twelve pack at Walmart, but I haven't seen them lately. For some odd reason, they seem to be sold at liquor stores around here, about $2 a deck. This leads me to believe there is a liquor wholesaler who stocks them. It might be worth checking around if you prefer them.
I haven't seen Aviator Bridge decks in years. They had a completely different back design than the Poker size. What some of the older members may remember is that Fox Lake cards, Haines House of Cards brand of gaffs, have identical backs to the old Aviator bridge decks.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
IS Aviator better than Bicycle or BEE?
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Aviator pokers are fantastic. GREAT for fanning and flourishes. I have a 15-year old deck of Aviator Poker Playing Cards that fans better than anything else I own. The ONLY thing I've ever done to them is place them in my card press. They're like an old worn-in pair of boots. Can't beat the feeling. =)
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
So how does the overall concensus of ratings go?

Aviators and Tally Hos are considerably better than Bikes but Bikes are most common so everybody just uses them?
Intuition
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Intuition
Bicycles are pretty much the standard right now. Everyone is using them and they are pretty good for magic too. The nice thing about bicycle's is that the audience recognizes the cards and does not suspect you are using a trick deck. That said there are better decks out there for manipulation. I would highly recommend Tally-Ho for performing flourishes.
ilusionista
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of ilusionista
All of my cards are Bikes but tonight on a whim I happened to see some Bee's and Aviator's and couldn't pass them up, mainly because of this thread. I have to be honest - I am not impressed by the Bee's. The coating is ok but there is no border on the back which I really don't like.
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
Picked up a pack of SPlit Spades....nice cards but too thin for my taste.

I have to say all my faves right now are my Bikes right behind my Tally Ho Vipers, those are still hands down the nicest.
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Does anybody here still use Studs sinced they changed the colors on them? I read that they still felt the same but I bought a couple of decks about a month ago and they don't feel anything like what I remember the old style felt like:(
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
Anyone know if the regular Tally Hos have the same finish and feel as the Vipers?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Brands of Cards... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL