The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for a place to buy Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Hello all,

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. I am looking to buy a good set of cups. I want then to be a good size (not to sure the right sizes is for good size cup)

I was told that any cups that uses a 1" ball is a good size to perform with. I have found a lot of places that sale the smaller cups, but the larger cups are harder to found. Now,I do not want to pay an arm and leg for a set. At the same time I do not want plastic cups either.

So, if any one knows of a good place to shop please let me know.

Thank you for reading my post, and any help you can lend.
SeanD13
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Oops... "I want them to be a good size"

not "then"

Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Try browsing the ever so sleightly forum, tons of posts on cups and balls there, if you still aren't sure exactly what you want after browsing some of those, PM our resident expert on the cups and balls, Bill Palmer. He is a walking encyclopedia of advice on different types of cups and balls available out there, and can tell you where to find a set like you want.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
It is hard to find a high quality set of cups and balls without paying an arm and a leg. I can tell you that the Cups and Balls Combo set from Bazar de Magic serves me well, and only costs somewhere in the $30-40 range, but you should probably talk to Bill about anything related to Cups and Balls.
scottthegreat
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of scottthegreat
I'm loooking for a set also. I don't want the palstic ones but I don't want to spend a ton of money on them. Whats a good set to start with. Should I get a dvd also. Some one told me get the dvd with the cups

Scott
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
I bought a set of Johnson brass cups for around $200 from The Trickery http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=6825 . I have been pleased.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Thanks for all the help I am going to post over in the "Ever so sleightly" forum. I am sure I can get the help I need over there.

Thanks again,
SeanD13

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for a place to buy Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL