The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Whats it called? Who created it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RonjoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island NY
138 Posts

Profile of RonjoMagic
Hi Guys, Pete from Ronjo.com here.
We are trying to get information on a mentalism effect.
A clear plexiglass square with four bulldog clips attached to it is seem in a frame. The frame has numbers on 1-4 next to the bull dog clips. Questions are asked but not answered, only thought about. Notes are written down and put under the clips. One at a time the notes are removed and each answer on the notes are the answers to each of the four questions.

We are trying to find out the name of this effect and/or the creator.

Thanks,
Pete
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think it was made in the 1970's. I can recall the name. I will try to get a chance to look it up. It might be something of Syd Bergsons (sp). I know the gaff with the bulldog clip was Bob Nelson's and in one of his books. I think Maverick is making them again.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
RonjoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island NY
138 Posts

Profile of RonjoMagic
Hi Richard,
I look at Maverick but I don't see it as a product. If you do find out, please do let me know.
Thanks,
Pete
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think he was making the Nelson Mental gimmick not the four clips model. Seems to me I saw it in an old Magic Inc. catalog or maybe Tannens.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
Sounds like "Clearly Mental" which Tannen's used to sell. I'll check my old catalogs in the AM.

Joe
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quad Forecast on this site seems to be what you are describing.

http://home.att.net/~rodmcfadden/mentalism.htm
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
RonjoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island NY
138 Posts

Profile of RonjoMagic
Hello,
Yes that in the one I am looking into. Thought I am trying to find our who created it? Is he still alive?
Pete
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
Finally had a chance to look at my Tannen's catalog, and the effect is Clear-Voyance. I knew it was "Clear" something! However it's not credited to anyone.

The best version of this apparatus I ever saw was made by Harries. It has an added mechanical twist to it which is very clever.

Joe
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Ron Allessi had one on his site and credited it to Mason ...Maybe that was Bob Mason?

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Hi, Mason did have a version but it was put out by R A Nelson with assistance of Gen Grant. If you have any Bob Mason Questions send them to me I am the publisher and right holder to all his effects.
Check Grant magic catalog its in the one from the 60's -70's this will give you the name.

william
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Clearly Mental. I made one up years ago using plate glass and a 3/4 cut picture frame. I love it and it works well.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
It is Bob Mason's Clearvoyance and if anyone comes across a wooden one of these let me know!
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I prefer the one on the stand that holds it in a diamond configuration. There in a nice wooden one in mental epic compendium.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Whats it called? Who created it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL