The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » What do you think of PB&J Sponge Balls? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I do my best to match the sponges. However, even when you buy a box of four, often three won't match. I recently bought a bunch in bulk and try to match them up. Also, the ball that comes with the gimmick seems to depend on the lot. My previous order all had noticeably darker balls, while this last had lighter ones that were easier to match. You can make sure the different ball (if you get one) is removed third by placing it to the bottom and one side of the pocket. However, it doesn't really matter, as the bit about the balls trading places is just a joke anyway...
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Just checked your site and I have all the gimmicks it requires. I'm a still pretty much a magic newbie but put a lot of effort into sponge balls.

Which is why I probably won't buy your routine.... there is a pretty good chance that I already know it but don't know that I know it....

I understand you point that a person could watch a demo and figure it out. Awww ****... I'm talking myself into buying it just to know if I know it or not.... I hate my wandering wallet.

Since I already have the gimmicks and props; any chance you can sell the routine seperate from the balls, sanada, and purseframe?
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

You may know some of the moves from the routine, but you probably wouldn't know the patter and presentation, the construction and the extra little subtleties and convincers developed over a decade of real-world performing.

Yes, you can buy just the instructions for $7.50, via either Paypal to greatscott.itsmagic@netzero.com or money order to me at:

7458 HWY 44
Star, ID 83669

Regards,
Scott
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Quote:
On 2003-09-06 14:24, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
You may know some of the moves from the routine, but you probably wouldn't know the patter and presentation, the construction and the extra little subtleties and convincers developed over a decade of real-world performing.

Yes, you can buy just the instructions for $7.50, via either Paypal to greatscott.itsmagic@netzero.com or money order to me at:

7458 HWY 44
Star, ID 83669

Regards,
Scott

I never make a challenge without backing it up. You should have the paypal sent at this time. If it's more than an email attach can handle let me know. Thanks!
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
True Scott but if we are placing balls in the pocket in order why not just use a orange / yellow / purple sponge ball Smile because it would kill the instint reset.

Anyway, It isn't that big of a deal to buy more spongeballs so I am still REALLY happy with buying PB&J, even to those that already have sponge ball props and routines, when you spend hundreds of dollars on magic you won't use, isn't it worth 15 dollars to at least check out one of the best routines in sponge ball magic out there?
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
does this trick have anything to do with peanutbutter and jelly or is that just the name i have never seen this routine asa you might have guessed
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Yes it has something to do with Peanut, Butter and Jelly, though not in the way you might think.... its more of the storyline not the actual food.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
do you use spongeballs in similar colors to the samdwich or is it just very good spongeball routine
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Get Scott's new DVD and you'll see how the matter and killer moves make this the BEST Sponge Ball routine ever created.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
The routine (moves not patter) has a lot of similarities to my current routine with the exception of the very end.

My initial reaction to the patter was "I'll never use this"... but gave it a try on my kids.

Even though they've seen the moves 100x before it was like a brand new trick thanks to the storyline. So I guess I will be using it Smile

Nice work Scott!
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Quote:
On 2003-09-09 00:41, Leeman wrote:
do you use spongeballs in similar colors to the samdwich or is it just very good spongeball routine
No--they're all the same color. The name comes from the patter line to the routine.

Here's a review:

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0310pbj.html
My Lybrary Page
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
thanks for the link scott
crazyhands
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of crazyhands
Looking forward to your DVD Mr. Guinn, I've already learned so much from reading your essays, thax for your contribution in helping us be better magicians.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Oh, and the reason(and a very good one) that you shouldn't use colored balls, is that it kills the instint reset(because you would have to take out the colors in certain order), which is a GREAT part of the routine.

You start with everything in a mess in a single pocket, you end with everything in a mess in a single pocket, GREAT ROUTINE!!!!!
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
However, you can do the routine with balls of different sizes.

With the patter I've been using, the third ball is the little rascal that inspires the other balls (who are normally well-behaved) to misbehave during my routines. Using a one-inch ball for the third ball seems appropriate -- it sets her apart, and adds to her "little rascal" personality.

And of course, there's no problem with the instant reset since you can tell by feel that this ball is smaller than the other two.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

That's a great idea--well done!
My Lybrary Page
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
That adds a nice touch.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I sent out for them recently. I will be giving you my opinion soon.

Wow, it is "Out of Sight!" I received the dvd, gimmick, purse frame and super soft balls. It is well worth the cost. At first I was not going to go for it because the package seemed cheap because the low price. He proved me wrong. Go ahead purchase it, you got nothing to loose.

I would tell you more about the whole package, but I don't have the time, I must go practice that bonus he gives on the dvd.

P.S. All the balls match perfectly.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks, Dynamike. I'm happy to hear you are satisfied with your purchase.

Regarding your comment about the price being low, it really is. This is why the routine is not available from dealers or Murphy's. The gimmick costs me about $4 all by itself, plus you get three super soft sponge balls, a purse frame, and an 8 page instruction booklet with 28 photo-illustrations. I sell it for $15--most dealers sell just the gimmick for $10. If I sold it to Murphy's, I'd get $6 per unit--I'd actually be losing about $1 per unit. Dealers wouldn't be much better; I'd get $9 per unit, meaning I'd make about $1.50 on each one. Not worth the trouble.

I have intentionally kept the price low, and I think this a very strong routine at an excellent price. But I'm not too broken up if a lot of guys don't do it, as it has become my signature routine.
My Lybrary Page
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
I gotta stop reading so much on here, I simply can't afford it anymore....
Yep, you guessed it I ordered this just couldn't resist.
I guess since I managed to resist getting the Fakini balls off E-Bay earlier I got off kind of cheap then huh?
Thanks to all for the reviews.
Nick Zender-Akron Ohio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » What do you think of PB&J Sponge Balls? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL