The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Practice Makes Perfect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PBiddy412
View Profile
New user
Pennsylvania
27 Posts

Profile of PBiddy412
Hey all,

I been practicing my overhand shuffle ever since I got Royal Road to Card Magic and Card College and must say it is improving a lot. I just practice everyday, and it just gets better each day.

Now, I went to gomagicgo.com and found their beginners series, but they suggest video taping yourself. I want to know whats a good cheap camcorder?
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Many digital cameras have features that allow you to take 30 second videos. That seems to be your best bet.
PBiddy412
View Profile
New user
Pennsylvania
27 Posts

Profile of PBiddy412
I was hoping for longer than 30 seconds.
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Have you considered getting a web cam you can attach to your computer? That's currently what I've been looking into. You can get 30 frames/second for under $50. I've been told you can hook it up and record on your disk and then watch it on your monitor.

Gary
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
A webcam is very useful and cheap. of course the quality is nowhere near of a handcams' but it is all you need for practicing.
I started out also with RRTCM. great book!
good luck !

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Look around for a deal on an old VHS recorder. Folks are practically giving them away. Although you may not want to make a video 'product' with them they are great for recording yourself, etc. You can find them in the $50-75 all the time.

When recording yourself you MUST play to the recordering instrument AS IF you are working for a real person for it to be of any real value. Attempt to think of the camera not AS a camera, but as someone watching your magic or technique and who can respond to it .... even though they cannot.

Why? Because we PERFORM what we practice. All best,
Brad Burt
PBiddy412
View Profile
New user
Pennsylvania
27 Posts

Profile of PBiddy412
Thanks all. I was hoping to put it on my computer so the webcam route sounds like a great idea. Also, thanks for tips on practicing. I will be sure to keep those in minds. I been working on chapter 1 forever it seems but I want to perfect it before I move on to the riffle shuffle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Practice Makes Perfect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL