The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Throw Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
I've taped myself performing this card change and I'd like you to give me some feedback on this card change, any details or suggestions to improve it. This card change is taught in Enciclopedya of Card Sleights Volume 8 (Daryl's video series).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcEGs22vjak

Best regards
Pablo
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
Art-Fantasy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
169 Posts

Profile of Art-Fantasy
Viva!!! Not bad at all....Maybe it can be better if you execute the top change in the action of turning the deck face up on the table instead of continue to flick the card face down, I remember Daryl did like that and It looked great. But, you are OK in my book.Smile
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
I've tried that a few times but I just can't. I just do a mess when I try to make a top change in a transitive action like turn the deck face up or down o turn myself around. I know Daryl in his video showed a few covers for the top change so Roberto Giobbi does in his Card College series I think in Volume 3 or 4.

I'll try to practise that cover (the one Daryl teaches in his video and I'll post another video using the top change with a routine).

Best regards
Pablo
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Art-Fantasy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
169 Posts

Profile of Art-Fantasy
Looking forward to it, compadre.

Some random idea called "Hatchew change". Do the top change and use the hand to pretend to sneeze as cover and the card jsut blown away causes it to change. lol.
MagicMan001
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of MagicMan001
This may help a little, I added some misdirection to my throw change, I do the original Marlo throw change but as a screw up.. I'll say didn't you pick this card? they say no and I throw down in disgust saying I suck at this, or something along those lines to make them laugh, then a few seconds later I say "wait a minute" snap my fingers and they pick the card and scream
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
I thought the throw change was the change in Bill Malone's "My Favorite Opener..." Is this simply a case of duplicate names?
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
The change Malone uses is called the "Toss" change, not the "Throw" change.

For those interested the first item in teh first page of the first issue of Richard (Kaufman)'s Almanac was Derek Dingle's Alpha Toss, a refinded handling of the Toss change that unloaded the palmed card onto the top of the pack using an in transit action.

It's one of the best things in the Collected Almanac and I've never seen anyone else use it.
SteveTheMagician
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of SteveTheMagician
I'm gonna assume that you were angling it toward the camera, which it looked great by the way, but I'm also gonna assume that from a higer angle you can see the top change taking place...

...is that how you normaly do it or were you, again, just using a better angle for the camera?

-steve
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
I've been performing this top change since two years ago. And it always looked the same. Of course I do not know if from the top the top change flashes, I assume it would since there's no speed that can avoid it from flashing beside using borderless cards and a minimum displacement of the top card to the right in order to make the top change.

From the front side, left side and right side It looks the same as the video shows. But I've never wondered what it would look like from the top.

Best regards
Pablo

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-12-21 22:27, wsduncan wrote:
The change Malone uses is called the "Toss" change, not the "Throw" change.

I beg to differ. The change that Malone uses is the "Throw" change. Not the "Toss" change. I'm not sure what the move is called on Daryls tapes. If it's taught at all. But the move Malone uses in "My Favorite Opener" is the throw change as described by Arthur Buckley in "Card Control". In the write up he states that he had been using the move since 1910. It is definately the same move.

I suppose there could be an earlier write up calling it the toss change. But I always referred to it as the "Throw Change".

Not that it really matters.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Tr!x
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Tr!x
Sankey's got a really good "throw change" where he uses more of the table. the card doesn't appear to change until it clears the deck landing face up. I agree with steve on the camera angles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Throw Change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL