The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a specific type of clear hot rod - Help!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I bought a clear hot rod years ago and use it often in table hopping. It is 3.75" long and is 1 cm. wide on the diamond side. The sides with no diamonds are about 6 or 7mm wide. This is what I have grown used to over the years and what I really prefer. The problem is it seems like all of the clear hot rods now are made square. I hate this, it just doesn't feel right in my hands because it isn't what I am used to. Does any one know a dealer who sells a clear hot rod in the dimensions I described above? Or maybe you have one that isn't being used that you want to sell. Please contact me or post here. Thanks so much for your help with this issue.

-Paul
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Hi Paul ; Seasons greetings! Try http://www.diamondsmagic.com , search "hot rod" you'll find it at $6.00. Alan
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Alan,
I appreciate the reply, but that is exactly what I am trying to avoid. Those clear hot rods are square. I want one that is rectangular in shape when you look at it from the end. Again, I appreciate the reply, but it just isn't the one. Anybody else know where I might find one like I described in the original post? Thanks.

-Paul
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Ooops! sorry -Paul , I should have looked closer. I use the ones you're talking about , only in black. I've been doing my version for 25 years and find it gets one of the best responses of all in walk-around situations. In fact I 've acquired 3 complete sets so I'll never be out of them. Good Hunting! Alan
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Alan,
Then you know what I am talking about. Once you have a flatter one instead of square, it is very hard to switch. I am hoping somebody out there will be able to help.

-Paul

Posted: Dec 29, 2006 4:46pm
------------------------------------------
It looks like the one I am referring to is made by Jack Miller and LaRocks magic carries them. Thanks go to mrunge for the tip.

-Paul
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You're welcome Paul. Glad to help.

Best of luck with them.

Mark. Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2006-12-29 16:51, mrunge wrote:
You're welcome Paul. Glad to help.

Best of luck with them.

Mark. Smile

Mark is one of the most helpful magicians here in the Café! Cheers, Happy New Year Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thank you for the compliment, Evolve629.

I really believe in the mission of the café, "Magicians helping magicians." I've seen too many in our art try their best to not help another and find it both sad and absurd.

Happy New Years to all!!!

Mark. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a specific type of clear hot rod - Help!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL