The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where are the Mentalists and Bizarrists Lectures at Magic Conventions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Can one walk and chew bubblegum at the same time?

Can one do education and entertainment at the same time?

Can one do magic/mentalism, education and entertainment at the same time?

Can one do MM, E, E and discuss existential mysteries (i.e. what magic often symbolizes - like the rabbit in the hat the symbol of creative fecundity?)....?

Can one do MM,E,E,EM and walk and chew bubblegum at the same time? This last one may be difficult.

In anycase, it depends on the one.

AVM

o-o

..---
-(0 0)-
...U...
Kilroy was here
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Do you feel there are any ethical considerations which develope from presenting yourself as a Mystic/Minister and throwing in the odd magic or mentalism effect that is based upon trickery?

- entity

Posted: Jan 9, 2007 3:14pm
By the way, I know that our discussion is off topic, but I find it infinitely more worthwhile than whether Mentalists lecture at Magic Conventions. Apologies to those who disagree.

- entity
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Not at all. Although I am not introduced as Rev. Dr. ... I'm introduced as just plain, Tony Eye. And I don't preach during performances. I entertain, but I'm me when I do it.

I don't see a problem with Jeff McBride expressing his mysticism during his performances either.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Then start your own thread! If you were uninterested in what Mr. Hickok and others have to say, then what are you doing on here? Go do something more worthwhile. Apologies do not have to be accepted just because you offer them. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Tony: Agreed. Thanks for the back and forth. It appears Slim wants to get back on track here, so have a good day, all.

- entity
mentalskeptic
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, CA
148 Posts

Profile of mentalskeptic
Yes, do start another thread on mysticism and magic, since it is a terribly interesting topic. Now back to Hickok's important chiming in!
"Few have the courage of their convictions; fewer still, the courage for an attack on their convictions." — Nietzsche
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-01-09 14:15, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

And will occasionally use a magic prop, but even Martha Stewart occasionally orders a pizza.

Tony

Tony's posts are always worth reading, because you know a line will be in there like the one above. Gave me a good chuckle.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Posted: Jan 9, 2007 6:09pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, do start another thread on mysticism and magic, since it is a terribly interesting topic. Now back to Hickok's important chiming in!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't think that Mr. Hickok's ideas are worthwhile?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Chuck Hickock has very worthwile comments everytime he posts. I just wish he would post more.

Tony
Richie Dagger
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson, AZ
267 Posts

Profile of Richie Dagger
What the mystic says is very wise. Smile
Richie Dagger
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson, AZ
267 Posts

Profile of Richie Dagger
To be clear Tony, I was not making fun in any way, but agreeing.
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
The S.C.A.M. Convention, mentioned earlier, will feature Danny Archer (co-producer of Mindvention) doing mentalism (and close up), so be there January 18-19, 2008, Columbia, SC, - David Roth, Charlie Frye, Kostya Kimlat, Just Alan, Chris Capehart + more to be announced. For information visit http://www.scamcon.org

To Jim Callahan, the offer still stands to attend as my guest...
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Quote:
On 2007-06-01 16:15, John Tudor wrote:
The S.C.A.M. Convention, mentioned earlier, will feature Danny Archer (co-producer of Mindvention) doing mentalism (and close up), so be there January 18-19, 2008, Columbia, SC,

Right you are John... I will present some mental effects that I think everyone will enjoy... for more info on MINDvention, follow the link below...

MINDvention update
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where are the Mentalists and Bizarrists Lectures at Magic Conventions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL