The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Real Secrets of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
I know I'm in the small minority. I'm used to that. Can't justify it, really. Just went through most of it a second time. The napkin thing is fun, I guess. I don't like the presentation of any of the material (and of course the reactions are all flat, but I think David was using friends, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one), but of course his technique is great, for the most part.

Maybe it's a cultural difference? I'm in the position of handing out a lot of referrals for other magicians when I'm all booked, or a client wants more than one magician, and I think that if I knew a magician was walking up to people with a fire wallet, or pretending to drop a wallet or lighter as a technique for approaching a table; or cutting up napkins, or touching the nose of a party guest, or reaching in someone's coat to appear some cards, I wouldn't really be able to recommend them to anyone I work for. But maybe in Europe it's very different?

I really liked the production value. Does that count? And he's got a great smile and seems very friendly.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Josh, I don't know man...When I first saw David Stone, I thought to myself that there can't be many guys out there that are any more technically gifted than this guy. He is as good as I've seen. A very talented and well-versed magician indeed. Just my 2 cents. -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
I think he and that video is amazing. Lots of usable ideas and the routines are great. The production is top notch, I can watch it, and do, over and over again.
-Stevie D
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
David and I were goofing around about the time of editing and I suggested he flip the film of him doing his close-up card manips so that it appeared he was doing them left handed.

I don't know if he followed through with this. Does anyone who owns the DVD know whether he actually reversed the film at this point? Maybe his watch was on a different wrist?

Let me know. I'd love to know if he followed through on our crazy plan.
dorval
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of dorval
Does anyone know about VOL2 release date...
It said coming soon, did they shoot it already ?

I found out from simple newsletter that David Stone and Jean-Luc Bertrand, his director, teamed again to produce Nestor Hato, which looks very cool too,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW1tPnhuhSo

but mostly I'd love to heat about the second REAL SECRETS
anyone ?
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Its a Dvd.

magicially yours,

Nedim
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
When is vol 2 coming?
dorval
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of dorval
Seems they might have heard us....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijZBH-nRzc
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Real Secrets Of Magic IMO is one of the best dvd's available right now.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Just to let you know that the second volume is coming soon and be ready, be really ready to be once again smashed by JEAN LUC BERTRAND's new production, REAL SECRETS OF MAGIC vol 2 starring DAVID STONE.

If you've seen the first volume, sure you'll order the second one without hesitating, if you haven't seen the first one yet, stop right now reading this topic and order the dvd from your favourite dealer.

Did you ever see a kidnapping during a magic effect, no ??
Please have a look to JEAN LUC BERTRAND's production and you might never see magic dvds the same way after.
friederfizz
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of friederfizz
I had a conversation with David Stone on March, 30th. He told me that the shooting for Vol2 has finished and it will be released SOON (April or May). I'm looking forward to this...

Frieder
RichardSand
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
56 Posts

Profile of RichardSand
Quote:
On 2007-01-09 13:22, Pauly Prestige wrote:
Ok, How do I access the extra footage on the DVD! I was watching it and walked away for awhile and came back and he was performing a version of RESET and then put it into rewind and it was gone! How do I get it back!!! HELP!It was amazing!

I am also very interested in seeing this footage.
Could someone give us a clue as to how we can find it?

thank you,
Richard
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant. - Alan Greenspan
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 16:51, Mike Doogan wrote:
David and I were goofing around about the time of editing and I suggested he flip the film of him doing his close-up card manips so that it appeared he was doing them left handed.

I don't know if he followed through with this. Does anyone who owns the DVD know whether he actually reversed the film at this point? Maybe his watch was on a different wrist?

Yes, Mike, the image was flipped on the performance. And as far as I could tell, they did the same thing with the sponge ball routine.
Kip Stevens
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kip Stevens
Quote:
On 2007-04-17 11:26, Doctor D wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-03-26 16:51, Mike Doogan wrote:

Yes, Mike, the image was flipped on the performance. And as far as I could tell, they did the same thing with the sponge ball routine.

Mike, you're right!!!!

That is just CRAAAAAZY!!

How the HECK did you dream that one up???
Kip Stevens
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kip Stevens
Hey Guys!!

I just tried to PM Mike to ask a question but the Café doesn't recognise him. Does anyone know how to PM him around here???

Over and out.

Kip
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-03-24 15:28, Joshua Lozoff wrote:
I know I'm in the small minority. I'm used to that. Can't justify it, really. Just went through most of it a second time. The napkin thing is fun, I guess. I don't like the presentation of any of the material (and of course the reactions are all flat, but I think David was using friends, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one), but of course his technique is great, for the most part.

Maybe it's a cultural difference? I'm in the position of handing out a lot of referrals for other magicians when I'm all booked, or a client wants more than one magician, and I think that if I knew a magician was walking up to people with a fire wallet, or pretending to drop a wallet or lighter as a technique for approaching a table; or cutting up napkins, or touching the nose of a party guest, or reaching in someone's coat to appear some cards, I wouldn't really be able to recommend them to anyone I work for. But maybe in Europe it's very different?

I really liked the production value. Does that count? And he's got a great smile and seems very friendly.

Sounds like more of a conflict of your opinion on what is permissible and his opinion. I don't do "touchy-feely" magic. I don't like to reach into a spectator's pocket, either or produce cards from their jacket. However, a lot of really good magicians do it, and not only get away with it, they make their (good) reputations with it. Look at Heba Haba Al and the sugar cube trick. Or Ross Bertram producing baby chicks from the spectator's pockets. Not my kind of thing, but it worked for them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Real Secrets of Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL