The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bigger wands snafu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Quote:
On 2007-01-04 11:49, Scott O. wrote:
Brian, I don't own a set of these, but after reading the previous post I do wonder why don't you just use the longer dowels to begin with. If indeed that solves a known problem, why not implement the sure-fire fix? This isn't an attack or anything -- I'm just voicing a question that came to mind.

Your fine, I should probably clarify, the problem is the dowel slipping (so by adding a rubber band or tap to it helps hold it in place.) A longer dowel does not solve that problem. The longer dowel makes the wand more rigid. And the reason they don’t come with longer dowels is that the majority of people we talked to liked the wand to be a bit wobbly and we figured the guys that wanted it more rigid it was easier to go buy a dowel and just use it then to make the others cut their dowels down.

All that being said I was working on something else this morning and we were throwing around the idea of texture paint (you know that paint that has globs of junk in it) and I am thinking I might try painting the tips with texture paint – this might work I am sure it will cause a really tight fit on some but as long as it still fits this might be better than before. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Brian D.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
What about the stuff tennis people use to wrap their stuff with? :0
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Good news we found a better source for the foam and so the newer sets will be much tighter (maybe to tight to be honest) but I can't imagine slipping being a problem any more.

thanks for your help here!

B
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I just recieved my Bigger Wands yesterday , are these of the new foam? I found assembling the larger wand to be a bit troublesome but figured it was just me and it was..the dowel had slipped deep in one end and was only about 3 inches remaining to connect the middle piece. I pulled it out a bit and worked nicely.
Give Rebekah a raise, she was wonderful to work with and very knowledgable of the product...Its nice to talk to someone that is willing to listen and answer your questions. She even sent me a status email of exactly when my wands were mailed.
When will the big bags be available?
To all that have not purchased these, do yourself a favor and order a set!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Hi Mike, thanks for the kind words I will pass them on to Rebekah, she really is the heart of Creative Magic! You actually got one of the last two of the older sets. We shipped yours just a few days before we got the new foam :/

Have you tried putting rubber bands or tape on the dowels to keep them from slipping?

oh and Bigger Bag is in production right now. We should have some about the same time as Biggest Wand - and we are shooting for the end of March on those!

thanks again and enjoy!

B
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Brian,

Count me in for both. See you in Vegas.

Thanks!
Dan.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 11:33, BtheDreamer wrote:
Rebekah, she really is the heart of Creative Magic!

The brains too! Smile
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 14:36, MikeDes wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 11:33, BtheDreamer wrote:
Rebekah, she really is the heart of Creative Magic!

The brains too! Smile

It's funny because it's true!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bigger wands snafu (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL