The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Sliding knot and other good rope tricks!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martinjmac
View Profile
New user
Georgia
35 Posts

Profile of martinjmac
Hi,
I would like to know where I could get the sliding knot trick and what other rope tricks are good to perform close-up.
Thanks
-Martin-
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
Can you describe in more detail the Sliding knot trick? Did you see someone do it? What happened? Did the knot come off? Someone will know it if you can describe it more.
martinjmac
View Profile
New user
Georgia
35 Posts

Profile of martinjmac
I am not sure if it came off but if there is one that does, I would like it. This guy just tied a knot in the rope and slid the knot up and down the rope. Smile
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Pavel has it on one of his tapes, Rope Magic From Pavel. He gives you the how but doesn't tell you how to make the props. That part you have to figure out yourself. If you see the video you'll understand what is needed to make the prop. I recommend getting it!
Life of Magic!
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
For closeup, look for Blair Bowling's sliding knot. Cheap and quite nice.

Other versions:

Pavel, but this is more for platform and costs a couple hundred bucks. Good.

Steinmeyer method, which is certainly platform or stage only. Later years Doug Henning did this version.

Curry...only stage platform and requires two trained assistants.

Duco has a version, Tannen sold it, with a red rope. It worked much like Steinmeyer's but was more for closeup.

So, unless you have a stage, check El Duco or Blair Bowling's version.
quack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Sliding knot and other good rope tricks!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL