The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Small light for prop case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Does anyone know of a light that is very tiny and super bright.

I need to mount it in one spot inside my table and keep it lit throughout the show. Great if it uses aaa batteries because I have a recharger.

The one I currently use works except is too bulky (6"L x 1.5"w).

Thanks,
Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
If you go to a Lowe's Home Depot, or Sears they have a variety of LED lights, I ave a pair of LED's that are designed to clip onto glasses, but you can clip them anyware, they use watch batteries but last a long time, I haven't replaced the batteries in 3 years, and the best part is they are the size of a quarter.
Jason
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
OK, I am working as product manager for a flashlight company, but for this purpose I suppose you simply buy some white standard LED`s, some wire, a battery holder and a switch. Mount the LED´s so that you have got light from different angles. For calculating the resistor look for some websites that concern LED´s.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
There is the perfect light that is avaiable at most hardware stores and I've seen them at Walmart. It's a small LED light with a flexible shaft so you can adjust it in any direction. It also has an alligator style clip on the body so it can be attached easily. It's very small, overlall length 6 inches and light at the end of the flexible shaft is maybe 1/4 " in diameter..It takes 3 small watch batteries
and the lamp lasts 10,000 plus hours. I just bought one from Trader Horn at it also has a laser beam light. They are inexpensive $4.00 depending on the store.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Mike:

I recently bought some LED lights at Costco. They are about 1/2 the size of the light you mention, and they are very bright. They are meant to be used in closets and shelves where you have no electricity - they do use AAA batteries. They are attached to a surface by velcro. I think you get three for about $15.00.

Ron Reid
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I just bought this killer flexible-neck lamp at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $25.00. It uses AA batteries, has a 16" black flexible gooseneck and twin LED beams that really pump out the light...but you can adjust the light output. That part I really like. It connects to my Lefler Table or bar tops with a simple bull-clip type base so it's totally movable. The neck allows the beam to "hover" over my table without blocking my spectator's view or my movements. It almost looks like one of the "Alien Ship extensions" from the original "War of the Worlds" film (Gene Barry rocks!).

Skip Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I currently use a small LED head lamp from Home Depot made by Energizer, it was $12.00. It has two super bright white LEDs and one red one. I use the red one backstage when I don't need a whole lot of light and the white ones while onstage. I cut the headband of and attached velcro to it, and you guessed it onather piece in my case. This allows me to switch cses easily if I want to...

Hope this helps,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Thanks for all the great tips!
I'm going shopping now.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike Perrello
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Best one I feel is DOT-itâ„¢ made by Sylvania. Three LEDs, self-contained wafer battery, 2 1/2 in diameter. 3/4 " thick, self-stick tape on the back and "only" is good for about 11,000 hours. Under $10.00.

TEB3
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Hadn't heard of DOT-It before now...here's a link to it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-Self-Adhe......00CMGXPM
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Check out the reading lights at Borders, Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million, etc. They are bright and small.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
I ended up getting these Stick-N-Click Leds from Bed, Bath and Beyond, 3pack for $10. The look very similar to the Dot-It lights mentioned by Jeff and TEB3.

http://www.shop.com/op/~Stick_N_Click_LE......ceid=298

Stuck 2 of them to the inside of my table and it was more than plenty light. What's nice is that they are so small I can leave them there permanently without it getting in the way of shutting the table.

Hmmm... Now I'm curious if the Dot-it lights are even better since they contain 3 leds on each light.

Mike
Mike Perrello
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Small light for prop case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL